Here are a few things you can try to do
- Make sure there are no external media devices attached to the laptop i.e. flash drive, disk in the cd drive, wireless mouse, simply if its not inside it take it off.
- If there is nothing external hooked up to it then on to the next thing, over a period of time of erasing data, accumulating logs of activity, installing and uninstalling programs and stuff, random bits of data will accumulate and "confuse your computer." It is always good practice to execute a good preventative maintenance schedule on your PC. I will explain these in detail if you want all you have to do is ask.
- Luckily those smart guys at Microsoft gave us a way to sort of bypass all the frilly stuff and flashiness that we use everyday. This bypass is called SAFE MODE. It is accessed the same way no matter who manufactured the PC. Safe Mode is the bare bones of the Operating System. It only loads what is needed to run the most basic functionality.
- To access Safe Mode, press the power button and press F8 repeatedly and if you caught it in time it will open a menu there will be three choices available to you:
- Safe Mode
- Safe Mode with Networking (by default network access is not functional in regular safe mode
- Safe Mode with Command Line (This one is for Advanced Users)
You want to pick regular safe mode, after you highlight then press enter a whole page of code is going to execute itself, this is normal so don't fret. These are the basic drivers needed to run windows. so give it 2 or 3 minutes and you should see what resembles your logon screen.
( At this point everything is going to be huge, like the pc is set to a very low-resolution) this is due to your Display driver not being loaded. If it s not needed,windows won't load it.
- Once logged in and in Safe Mode go to the start panel
- and then to go to the control panel and navigate to Performance and Maintenance
Tell you what see if it will let you boot into Safe Mode and then let me know and I will explain further if it won't let you boot into Safe Mode, then we have to change our course of action.