Airoff, that does not sound a good solution to me. There are several registry keys as well you need to delete from your server first of all. What I am wondering is, how someone could install exchange server on a PC? Venugopa, are you trying to say you installed it on windows server? If yes then you will also need to remove several entires from your active directory as well as the server where you tried installing exchnag server.
take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
<p>Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 released on September 28, 2003. One of the new features in Exchange Server 2003 is enhanced disaster recovery which allows administrators to bring the server online more quickly. This is done by allowing the server to send and receive mail while the message stores are being recovered from backup. Now newly released version of Exchange server is Exchange 2010 after 2007 version. Exchange server 2010 officially released on 9th November 2009. But here I will discuss about Microsoft Exchange server 2003. In a workstation most of users are use Microsoft Exchange server as mail server.<br />
<p><span><span><b>Requirement of Exchange Server 2003:</b></span></span> <span> </span>Required OS for Exchange Server2003 is Microsoft Server 2oo3. There this Server should be a domain controller. For Exchange 2003 need some protocol like <br />
<p> <br />
<p><span><span><b><span> </span><span> </span></b></span></span>1> asp.net<br />
<p><span> </span><span> </span>2> SMTP<br />
<p><span> </span>3>NMTP<br />
<p><span> </span><span> </span>4>W.W.W<br />
<p>IIS should be install in server . In hardware system should have minimum 256MB of memory<br>
<p><span><span><b>Installation of Exchange Server 2003: </b></SPAN></SPAN>There have three steps to install Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.<br>
<p><span><span>1><span> </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>Preparation of forest<br>
<p><span><span>2><span> </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>Preparation<span> </SPAN>of domain<br>
<p><span><span>3><span> </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>Installation<span> </SPAN>of Exchange Server<br>
<p>To install Exchange Server you have to install the required protocol first. I have install the windows component such as IIS, ASP.NET, NNTP, W.W.W. from control panel with OS CD. Then I insert the Exchange Server Disk in CD rom drive and start the preparation of forest. I open the disk and run the forest prep from Exchange 2003 deployment tools. It will take several times to complete. After completing the forest prep I have run the Domain prep with the same procedure. The Domain prep will take also lots of time to complete. Then I have installed the exchange server by creating a new exchange organization. The total process also possible to complete from Run with command. The total job takes a huge time almost one hour or more. After installing Exchange Server I have configured it as per direction of the company. I have add users, groups, I create new administrative group. Following this process there I have done the whole job successfully. <br>
MICROSOFT 2007 WORKS PEACEFULLY ON SERVICE PACK 2,THE ONLY THING IS YOU SHOULD VE ATLEAST 1 GB RAM TO ACCESS IT SMOOTHER AND JUST BEFORE YOU INSTALL M.S 2007,REMOVE THE OLDER VERSION(M.S 2003)FROM UR P.C AND THEN INSTALL IT.......USING M.S 2007 YOU CAN SAVE THE DOCUMENT IN M.S.2003 FORMAT ALSO,AND M.S 2007 HAS VARIOUS OPTIONS WHICH IS HELPFULL TO U THAN M.S 2003...
you probably uninstaled it, but didn't remove it from the registry properly... try searching the registry on: Start > Run and type Regedit, and go to search, and type SmartBro... yuste delete those keys and reboot...
warning! backup your registry before you make any changes!
You Havn't specified, What is the problem exactly. I mean you have not specified the error Description.
But still The problem could arose while uninstalling Antivirus Program would be:
1. Any *.dll file missing from antivirus directory.
2. system file of antivirus missing from System32 directory of windows.
3. Any file that belongs to antivirus are not able to load while installinfg like uninst.exe.
4.Windows installer 3.0 is not installed on ur system
(Check out all the above including reviewing ur antivirus directory for uninst.exe file)
To solve this error you must do the following:
1. Run AVG antivirus setup program to repair. some times it doesnot give you the option if half of installed program have been removed from system.
2. Go to run type "regedit" and press enter
3. go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> and select AVG
expand trees of AVG.
4. Check for data path and its contents in AVG directory of program files, and also For UninstPath to varify that the uninst.exe in avg directory of program files is not missplaced
5. After doing the specified solution 60% are the chances that ur program would be uninstalled. else if it doesnot uninstall the program and gives the same error then Choose system restore tool.
For restoring do the following:
1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories ->System Tools
and select System Restore
2. Go to next window, Choose the restore point that was before installing of ur AVG Antivirus.
3. Select that restore point by reading the description.
4. Click next to restore.
Note: Your system will restart after choosing the restore point and clicking next. It takes some time to restore.
Most probably this tool will help you to remove this antivirus.
Remove it's entry from registry by Going to run type "regedit" and press enter
go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> andright click AVG
and select delete option to delete.
First things First!
1) you always going to have problems with exchange servers, or migrations. ** systems are not perfects**
2) You can migrate the emails to the new server, but, if only are in the correct version of Exchange 2003.
3) if backup is damage or fail, you lost everything.
4) try to reinstall the Server, and all utilites, is better, I know takes more time, but is better because you created yourself.
I suggest you to install from scratch!