ACER ASPIRE 5100 LAPTOP POWERS ON AUTOMATICALLY AT RANDOM TIMES
I just did an Acer Recovery to restore my laptop back to factory. Now when i try to Shut Down, it hangs on the "Shutting Down" screen. I have to hold the power button to get it to shut down. A little while later, it will power up by itself!!! What's up with that?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What your saying is you removed your Recovery Partition? Have you tried a Full Factory Recovery? Remove ALL media DVD, CD, USB, etc. Shut down, unplug, remove battery, plug in , Power on the laptop. Immediately tap the "Alt" and "F10" keys, repeatedly.
Before performing a restore operation, please check the BIOS settings. To activate the BIOS utility, press F2 during post.
To start the recovery process:
1. Restart the system.
2. While the Acer logo is showing, press <Alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process.
3. Refer to onsreen instructions to perform system recovery.
Follow this steps.
Thank you for using FixYa.com
1. Power on the machine 2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery 3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings” 4. Click “OK” to continue 5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes). 6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit
Hi, If the laptop didn't come with restore CD's then chances are that there is a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive that you need to access to recover it back to factory state. Restart the PC and press ALT+F10 to get into the recovery mode and restore the laptop, you can also try empowering technology, eRecovery software to restore the machine.
1 Ensure all Data is backed up, all data will be deleted. 2 Restart machine 3 When your unit switches back on hold down alt & tap f10 repeatedly...(on Acer icon) 4 Please wait a moment until prompted, -How would you like to restore?- 5 Please select –Restore system to factory default- 6 Enter your defined password or enter six zeros ‘000000’ 7 Click ok 8 Please wait until process completed, this will take 45min – 1hour