Question about Whirlpool LSR9434PT Top Load Washer
The darn thing wont drain and it's a beautiful day to hang the laundry newport ri standing by firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a sock caught in the pump, need to pull off outer case and remove pump and clear it out.
Posted on Jun 08, 2007
"F11" is a Serial Communications error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and Motor Control Unit (MCU). The CCU is the main computer for the washer and is located directly behind the wash tub. The MCU is the Drive Motor Control board and is located in the rear of the washer adjacent to the Drive Motor on the left-hand side (facing from the rear with the back panel removed). The wiring harness can also cause the error, but it is not as common a problem.
Whirlpool is the manufacturer of both model washers and recommends the following troubleshooting advice. Remove the top panel of the washer by removing the three screws holding it in place in the rear. Once the screws are removed, the panel slides back, then off. Remove the rear panel of the washer for access to the drive motor and MCU. Now check the following:
- Check the wire harness connections between the CCU, the MCU and Drive Motor. Make sure all connections are attached and making good contact. Check for any broken wires or connector pins.
- Check the Drive Motor to see if it free spins and that the belt is still attached and not slipping. If the motor is seized, replace it. If the belt is broken or worn, replace it as well.
- Check the MCU. Connector 1 is the Serial Communications Link between the MCU and CCU. Connector 2 is the connector to the drive motor. Resistance checks across pins 1, 2, & 3 are the motor windings. Connector 3 is the power supply - 120VAC should be read across pins 1 and 2 with the door in the locked position. NOTE: The connectors are read 1, 2, and 3 from the bottom to the top with the MCU installed.
- Check the CCU. Verify connectors 7 and 11 are properly installed. Facing from the front of the washer, connector 7 is the 4th connector from the RIGHT along the front. This is MCU Power. Connector 11 is the Serial Communications link from the CCU to the MCU and is located along the left hand side of the CCU (the connectors are numbered 11 through 14 back to front).
- Check the Drive Motor. Remove the connector and perform resistance checks on the motor connector pins. Readings across pins 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 1 to 3 should read 6 ohms.
In most cases this is an indication of a failed CCU. This is an easy repair that the average do-it-yourselfer can accomplish on their own. If the washer is still under a warranty, parts and labor would be covered. With no warranty, a replacement parts will vary in price depending on where you get them. There are several good websites available that you can order parts on line and have shipped directly to you.
NOTE: Remove all the connectors from the CCU ONE AT A TIME and reconnect to see if the error code goes away BEFORE you decide to purchase a new one. It is not common, but sometimes a flaky connection can generate error codes.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.%%^^
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2016 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Thank you for your post, friend!
From the information you have provided your Frigidaire laundry center is leaking water from the bottom after a day or so. It sounds like you have a slow leak and this could be in your drain line, drain pump, or gasket. I would advise you to review your gasket and drain hose to make sure there is no visible crack or wear that water could be leaking out of. If you do not see any apparent leaks it could be an issue internally and this is not a simply DIY job. You may need to request the assistance of a professional technician for proper disassembly of your laundry center. I hope this information has been helpful. -Matt
Feb 18, 2015 | Frigidaire FFLE1011MW White Washer/Dryer...
Mar 26, 2010 | Equator EZ 3612 CEE Front Load...
Nov 22, 2009 | Equator EZ 2512 CEE Front Load Washer /...
Nov 09, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jul 11, 2009 | GE WSM2420T Top Load Stacked Washer /...
Jul 10, 2008 | GE WSM2480DWW Large Capacity Washer & Gas...
May 23, 2007 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: