a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Run System In Safe Mode:
To identify the root cause of theproblem, first of all restart your system, press and hold F8 key. Do thefollowing once you are on the desktop.
1. Right click on Computer. 2. Select Manage. 3. Click on Event Viewer in computer management. 4. Double click on Application. 5. Check for the errors. 6. Similarly double click on System and check for the errors. 7. Search for the solution to this problem.
Now you are able to easily diagnosewhy Windows laptop starts up very slow.
Limit your Startup list:
A long list of programs in startupcan adversely affect the performance of your PC. There are some programsrunning in the background without knowledge of user that causes Windows laptopto start slower. To solve the problem, follow the steps given below.
1. Click on Start button. 2. Type "msconfig" in search option. 3. Double click on the file. 4. Click on Startup. 5. Uncheck all unwanted programs. 6. Close system configuration utility. 7. You are done.
Uninstall unwanted program:
Sometimes Windows laptop starts upvery slow due to unwanted programs hogging your memory. To fix this problem,below are some steps.
1. Click on Start button on thetaskbar. 2. Go to Control Panel. 3. Double click on Add or Remove Programs. 4. In the list of programs, select the program that you no longer needed. 5. Click on Remove button. 6. Repeat step 4 for all unwanted programs. 7. You are done.
Scan System for Viruses:
Windows laptop may start slower due to any virus onyour computer. To solve this problem you should scan your system with somepowerful antivirus program.
Run Disk Clean Up:
Running disk clean up utility isalso helpful to resolve slow Windows start up. To run disk clean up utility,here are the steps given:
1. Click on Start button. 2. Go to All Programs. 3. Click on Accessories. 4. Now click on System tools. 5. Click on Disk clean up.
Defrag hard disk:
1. Click on Start button. 2. Go to Command Prompt. 3. Type "chkdsk" and press Enter.
You mayuse some safe program such as McAfee secured RegInOut to fix registry relatedissues.
Is there a reason to reset the password, I think Acer have put it there to stop people from messing, because they would have fine tuned it. You will have to get in touch with Acer. Sometimes under the ram slots there is a round flat battery, if there is, take it out and leave for a minute, then reinsert it.
Try to put an operating system boot disk in your drive then turn on laptop.
When the screen says press any key to boot from cd/dvd press a key.If it is vista when you do boot from cd it will give the option in the lower right corner to repair-click on this-select repair startup option.if that fails try a re-install of your op sys.
Do you have more of those recovery discs? are you sure you have the right one inserted?
I remember on my acer I first had to enter a system disc, then when asked the two recovery discs.
If your unable to get it working with those cds I would suggest you get your hands on a original windows xp or vista installation cd and install windows from it.
also have you tried to enter the boot menu on start up? when you power up it says on some corner of the screen what button to press to get it to open the boot menu and then select the cd/dvd rom drive.
no picture and no sound means that either the operating system is not installed, the motherboard or hard disc drive is faulty, hard to say where to start as you don't know the last thing that happened to it to start the diagnosis.
If you don't own a hdd usb2 to 3.5" ide cable to firstly check the hard drive, you will need to take to a repairer and illiminate as you go along.