How to enable Windows 7 administrator account and reset lost Win 7 admin password
There are two parts for your Windows 7:
* Enable Windows 7 administrator account
* Reset lost Win 7 admin password
With 240 million licenses sold out in one year, Windows 7 has been
proved to be a successful product of Microsoft. Compared with its
previous versions like Windows XP, it has many improved features. The
built-in administrator account is one of the features. In Windows XP,
there is a default administrator account after installation. But the
built-in administrator account is disabled by default in Windows 7. To
enable Windows 7 administrator account and assign a password to it, you
can achieve it in 2 methods.
Part I: Enable Windows 7 administrator account
Method 1: Use Command Prompt
The easiest way to enable the Windows 7 built-in administrator account is to use the Command Prompt.
1. Click Start and type CMD in the search box. Right-click CMD and select Run as Administrator.
2. Click Yes when prompted to allow the Command Processor to run. And then the command prompt will appear.
3. Type net user in the command prompt window, and then hit Enter. All
the Windows account user names will be listed. You'll also see the
Administrator account, but now it is not enabled.
4. Type net user administrator /active:yes and hit Enter to enable Windows 7 admin account.
Now the Windows 7 administrator account is created. To create the Windows 7 administrator password
, you can follow the below steps:
1. Switch to log on Windows 7 with the administrator account.
2. Click Start, Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety and
User Accounts in order. You'll enter the screen where you can make
changes for your account.
3. Click Create a password for your account on the screen.
4. In the coming screen, type and confirm your Win 7 admin password.
5. Enter password hint and click Create Password.
Now your Windows 7 admin password is successfully created.
Method 2: Use Local Users and Groups
1. Click Start and type lusrmgr.msc in the search box, and then hit Enter. The Local Users and Groups screen will come up.
2. Double-click the Users folder. And all the Windows 7 account will be displayed for you.
3. Right-click the Administrator account and select Properties.
4. Uncheck the "Account is disabled" check-box and click OK on the administrator properties screen.
Now Win 7 admin account is enabled. To set a password for the enabled
Windows 7 administrator account, follow the steps as below:
1. Right-click the Administrator account and select Set Password.
2. Click Proceed to go on your operation
3. Type and confirm your new Win 7 admin password and click Ok
4. Close the Local Users and Groups screen.
Now the Windows 7 administrator password is assigned to your Windows 7 admin account.
Part II: Reset lost Win 7 admin password
Windows 7 administrator password reset Tips:
Note 1. Please remember to create a Windows 7 password reset disk
after assigning Windows administrator password. It allows you to change
your forgotten Win 7 admin password
when you are locked out of Windows.
Note 2. If you forgot to create the password reset disk, you can
choose to use Windows Password Breaker to help create a Windows 7
password reset disk rather than reinstalling the system. Now follow the
steps to create the disk to reset Windows 7 password
step 1. Download and install Windows Password Breaker.
step 2. Run the program and burn a Windows password reset disk.
Step 3. Reset Windows 7 administrator password with the disk.
It is an easy and safe way for Windows 7 admin password reset.