Power is fine laptop runs can hear it powering up, but screen does not turn on? I think its the video card that blew, would replacing it fix this? Does not display, not even hooked to a secondary moniter.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Immediately run PSA. (Make sure laptop is connected to AC Adapter. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the Fn key then press power button once).
2. Just wait for about 3 to 5 minutes then you might will hear beeping sounds (no display with beeping sounds) this means that laptop is working fine but no display. This might cause by either the video card or LCD.
3. After hearing beeps turn off laptop. (Press and hold on the power button for about 3 seconds)
4. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the D key then press power button once. If full screen colors appears this means LCD is working fine and the problem is the video card. If no display from the LCD no colors were displayed try the test again just to make sure. If still the same no full screen colors then the problem is the LCD.
Hi, what you have not tested for isolation is your power supply, re-seating of processor for 20 minutes, cmos clearing or battery removal and mother board swapping. If all your isolation seems futile the worst is the mother board.
It looks like it's one of the following: a) fan not running and CPU overheating; b) video card fried; c) CPU fried
a) Check to see if you can hear the fan running when you turn it on. It should run all the time, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, but ALWAYS on. Check if the laptop has too much dust inside it and clean it up (remove the bottom cover and blow air using a compressed air can). If the fan runs ok and is always running, then go to the next point
b) if the video card is fried, there is nothing you can do. Video cards in laptops are usually part of the motherboard and is not something that can be replaced or repaired. You'll need a new montherboard... and it is more convenient to replace the whole laptop. Sell your old one for parts.
c) Same as above. If the CPU is fried, it can't be replaced or repaired. Get a new laptop.
Try this: Turn it off. Disconnect power cord and any other device attached to it. Take battery out. Without anything attached. Hold down the power button for 10-15 seconds. Connect the power cord only. Hold down F2 (while it's off) Turn it on while holding down F2. Let go of F2 when something comes out of the screen. If multi colored lines still appears. You have either defective LCD(screen) or video card.
Try taking out the hard disk, plug in power and see if you have a display on your screen or external monitor. if same thing happen, try taking out the memory card. If you hear a beep sound it's a faulty mem. card, if no beep sound appears I suspected it's a motherboard faulty.
First i need to know if the screen comes back on if you move your mouse. Because if it does the update changed your settings for power saving. To change this, either check the screen saver setting to make sure that is not on blank screen and if that is not the case go to Start Menu>Control Panel>Power Options and see what the settings under power schemes is. It will have two options, Plugged in and batteries. For plugged in Set the time To never and it won't turn your display off on you again. If this doesn't work let me know so i can update and solve your problem