Question about GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I would like to know how to clean the inside of my microwave,the wrong cup was put in,and it caught on fire ,and I can't get smoke stain out. Thank you,Molly Dickerson

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 100 Answers

The smoke stain is almost impossible to remove as smoke tends to get in the pigment of the paint.

If there's a burn smell, you can try simmering a lemon juice and water mixture for several minutes in the microwave. You can also set a plate of charcoal briquettes inside and leave the door closed overnight (DON'T turn the microwave on - just let it sit). Keep the charcoal inside when not using the microwave and it will absorb a lot of the odor.

Posted on Jul 17, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Over cooked noodles ,food caught fire, no visible external damage,some smoke black, but control panel dead completely.What can i do ?


Probably the main fuse has blown. If there is damage to the inside of the microwave I would seek professional service to ensure that seals are still working.

May 08, 2015 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp Carousel microwave - 1200 watts - Model R530EKT - caught on fire while using


you must carefully and read your instr. manual if some material inside the microwave can be produce fire. Otherwise the microwave can be old and the electronic component deterioring and cause exploding.Some time the material inside from the microwaves, is corroded, and the irradiation can be produce Fire. Tes the indication given.

God bless you

Oct 01, 2012 | Sharp R-510HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sweet potatoe caught fire in my microwve


the magnatron super heated the paper combined with what we in the industry call super combust your micro should be ok to use just keep it clean and if you use toweling wraP it around rather than cover

Apr 21, 2010 | Amana ACO1860 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

How do I clean the inside of the microwave? It is


DO NOT use SOS pads! They are made of STEEL WOOL and will remove the protective finish inside the oven cavity. Without the protective coating, the microwave can arc internally and ruin the magnetron. Use the green scrub pads you find in the dish detergent section of your local grocery store. They are considered non-abrasive. Use the green scrub pads along with a non-abrasive cleaner such as Soft-Scrub or 409. Wipe clean with a fresh water and dry with a clean cloth.

Jan 30, 2010 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

After cleaning, the microwave worked but


I am still working on the problem. So far the exhaust fan, the light , the clock and light inside the heating chamber has started working. I am going to sit back and think and look for the part that shorted out. Since the unit is 29 years old the bad part may not even be available. I will keep you advised after I find the culprit part. The information may be beneficial to others. Thanks

Dec 02, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Is it safe to use a microwave if some thing inside of it caught on fire?


Its no problem at all so long as it still runs normally. Only problem, is the smell will annoy you for a while. Give oven a good wipe down with a good cleaning agent.(I'm assuming the fire didn't get out of control).

Sep 27, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Decor DMO2420 Microwave caught on fire


Please write back with more details if this reply doesn't solve it.

(Such as, Was the fire inside the cooking cavity? Has the inside been cleaned since?)

There is a cavity temperature fuse located under the outer cover, on the top left side of the cooking cavity. It is rated at 150 degrees centigrade.

If there is a fire, that will open, killing all power to the unit.

A replacement can be found at a local appliance parts company.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.


3832738.jpg

May 29, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Popcorn stain in Microwave


Uhhhmmm, paint? Inside a microwave? YUCK.... that would make food taste like paint.

The yellow stain from microwave able popcorn is most likely a permanant issue. I have heard of the vinegar water, bleach etc working, but never had it work for me.

I don't recommend you painting the inside of a microwave. Some paint is flammable. Almost all paints are toxic.

May 14, 2008 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I've had a fire


best way to remove the smell is to get an activated charcoal cooker hood filter (cheap and available at any hardware store) and leave it scrunched up in the microwave for a couple of days with the door shut.(also a bowl of fresh cat litter works if it is the "fuller's earth" type without extra super-scented-power-globules etc..) If you are competent enough to take the cover off (make sure you know what you are doing or get a repair man to do it) then clean all round the extractor fan blades and where the air is ducted - there may be some soot that smells in this area. If there are no obvious holes in the interior as a result of the fire then if the machine seems to work normally there is probably no problem. the only way i know to remove this type of stain is with a (plastic scotchbrite type) scourer with some neat bleach (wear gloves) or some "cif/jif" type scouring cream. if a bit of effort with one of these doesn't do the job then you are probably best to live with the stains - make sure you clean all the cleaning products off properly before cooking in the machine again. If none of this works then try microwaving some sugar until it burns (watch it and stop it the moment it catches fire if it does). Sometimes this can remove burning smells even if this sounds very stupid it can work. last resort anyway. Hope this helps :)

Mar 08, 2007 | Samsung MW5350W Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

191 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1059 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...