Nuvi 680 screen is frozen
I would suggest you reset the unit, if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your nuvi.
Frozen nuvi is as result of software problem. So you either reset or update. Update helps to reinstall the operating system file of the nuvi, thereby, putting it back to order.
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on.
Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory
reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB.
2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 "
3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults).
4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Please let me know if non of the above solves your problem so that I can help you further.
Nov 03, 2011 |
Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS Receiver