Question about Toshiba 36AF42 36" TV
I changed tivo boxes on this tv and the volume on the tv stopped working. I can changed the volume with the remote, but the speakers no longer emit any sound at all. Does not sound like blown speakers as there is no static or noise coming from the speakers at all. I have searched through the menu to see if the speakers somehow were shut off, but can not find anything.
HIT MENU, GO TO AUDIO (SPEAKER PIC) SCROLL DOWN TO "2ND PAGE" AND SELECT SPEAKERS ON. AND YOU MAY NEED TO ALSO SELECT SBS ON
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2014 | Televison & Video
Nov 02, 2014 | Televison & Video
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. The SL-TiVo remote can be programmed to control the TV and one other A/V device using these steps:
1) From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control.
2) Highlight Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute and press SELECT.
3) The DVR displays a list of television brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your TV brand and then press SELECT.
4) The TV Remote Codes screen appears. Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the TV.
5) If also programming to control volume & mute on an A/V receiver for surround sound; Highlight Part 2: A/V volume and mute and press SELECT.
6) The DVR displays a list of audio/video receiver brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your receiver brand and then press SELECT.
7) The AV Remote Codes screen appears.
Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the receiver.
The TiVo remote will now turn the TV on/off and switch inputs and adjust the volume and mute the audio on the receiver.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2012 | Televison & Video
Oct 18, 2009 | Toshiba 26 26AV502R 26 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 10, 2008 | Radio Shack (15-2147) Remote Control
Mar 01, 2008 | Tivo Series2 TCD649080 Video Recorder
Nov 05, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
239 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!