Question about HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet Printer
MY NEW HP J5780 IS INSTALLED BUT WHEN I HAVE AN INCOMING CALL MY FAX COMES ON AFTER TWO RINGS , HOW DO I SET IT TO GO LONGER.
the issue that you have has something to do with the "Rings to answer", for you to change it follow the steps..
1. press SETUP BUTTON on your printer
2. Scroll down and look for BASIC FAX SETUP, then press OKAY
3. Inside Basic fax setup, scroll down and look for RINGS TO ANSWER, then press okay.
4. It will give you choices there, just look for ANSWER ON RING 6, then press okay,
tadahhhh!! THAT SHOULD WORK.
thank you so much.
Posted on Jul 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
To set the answer mode to manual or automatic via the control panel
? Press Auto Answer to turn the light on or off, as appropriate for your setup.
When the Auto Answer light is on, the device answers calls automatically. When
the light is off, the it does not answer calls.
To set the answer mode to manual or automatic via the embedded Web server
1. Open the embedded Web server, click the Settings tab, click Fax in the left pane,
and then click the Basic sub-tab.
2. Select On or Off in the Auto Answer drop-down menu in the Other Basic Fax
Set the number of rings before answering
If you turn on the Auto Answer setting, you can specify how many rings occur before
incoming calls are automatically answered.
The Rings to Answer setting is important if you have an answering machine on the
same phone line as the device, because you want the answering machine to answer
the phone before the device does. The number of rings to answer for the device
should be greater than the number of rings to answer for the answering machine.
For example, set your answering machine to a low number of rings and the device to
answer in the maximum number of rings. (The maximum number of rings varies by
country/region.) In this setup, the answering machine answers the call and the device
monitors the line. If the device detects fax tones, it receives the fax. If the call is a
voice call, the answering machine records the incoming message.
To set the number of rings before answering via the control panel
1. Press Setup.
2. Press Basic Fax Setup, and then press Rings to Answer.
3. Enter the appropriate number of rings by using the keypad, or press the left or right
arrow button to change the number of rings.
4. Press OK to accept the setting.
To set the number of rings before answering via the embedded Web server
1. Open the embedded Web server, click the Settings tab, click Fax in the left pane
and then click the Basic sub-tab.
2. Select a number in the Rings-to-answer drop-down menu in the Other Basic Fax
Dec 02, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7650 Printer
Nov 11, 2010 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 01, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Jun 07, 2010 | HP Officejet 4315v All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 26, 2009 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 26, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 19, 2009 | HP J4680 Office Jet All-In-One Printer
Oct 08, 2008 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
May 14, 2008 | HP Officejet 4315v All-In-One InkJet...
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!