Question about HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
How do I set up my fax to recognize distinctive ring receiving (different
phone number--2 short rings on existing phone line
I have a brother MFC - 425CN fax machine and need to change the distinctive ring to a duet line as I have no provision for this is the manual i got with the machine.
Can you please assist
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
Make sure that you have assigned it correctly. You should get a completion indicator or some kind of notification saying that the ring has been assigned to the specific location you ordered. if not, i will not be assigned correctly and it will go back to the default ring.. hope that helps ya:)
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
SOURCE: fax answers on phone calls.
Hello There. Most household all in one units cannot operate on the ring characteristcs that you are describing.
They simply operate on the number of rings before automatic pickup to the fax machine. Therefore, you will need to just change the number of rings before the fax machine picks up. In this case however, you will not be able to use voicemail, since one or the other will will pickup.
Page 63 and 64 (in PDF) or page 62 and 63 (hardcopy manual) explain the process.
Ignore the information about setting higher then voicemail. That information is typically only valid if you have the old voicemail devices in your home. Most people now adays get a voicemail service added to your telephone service, in which case you cannot control the voicemail as easily.
So again, in other words you will be sacrificing your voicemail for your fax machine. Only other way around it is to get a dedicated fax line to seperate the two numbers.
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
If you have an answering machine you should set it 2 rings lower than the all in one printer.
Distinctive rings : 3 rings
ECM : off
Fax speed : medium
auto answer : on
- after checking this settings try calling your fax number.. if there is a static then the phone company should fix the problem.
- if you have the same phone number and fax number make sure no one is using the phone
- if there is no static on the line try resetting the printer.
* Unplug the power cord of the printer at the back of it while it is still on. After 30 seconds plug the power cord back in but you need to press and hold # and # at the same time. Do not release the two buttons until the printer would say "reset"
* check the settings of the all in one printer again
* try testing the fax machine. if this is not solve. instead of pressing # and 3 try using # and 6 but with the same process.
- the difference between # and 3 and # and 6 is this
# and 3 > partial reset
# and 6 > semi-full nvram reset
- if ever # and 6 did not solve the problem then the printer is defective. IF it is brand new printer try returning it to the retailer because if you are going to call HP they are going to replace the printer with a refurbished one.
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2014 | Lands Phones
Feb 01, 2010 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Nov 09, 2009 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Jul 09, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2008 | HP OfficeJet k60 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 08, 2008 | Brother IntelliFAX 2800 Laser Fax
May 20, 2008 | HP Officejet 4215v All-in-One Printer
Feb 21, 2008 | Brother IntelliFAX 775 Plain Paper Thermal...
Jan 16, 2008 | Brother IntelliFAX 2800 Laser Fax
Oct 03, 2016 | HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
692 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: