Question about HP DesignJet 1050c plus InkJet Printer
The printer was taking a long time to print. I was told to turn the power button in the back of the printer off and then turn it back on. Ever since then i am getting this system error and it will not do anything else. I tried to power it down several times after that and keep getting the same system error. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, your error is a firmware error. Try unplugging from the wall if you can't do a normal power down. Unplug the network cable and then try plugging in and re-poer up the plotter. If the error comes back, your looking at replacing the firmware dimm. HP part number C6074-69350 on exchange or C6074-60350 new outright purchase without turn-in. Part should be available through http://partsurfer.hp.com. Below is a link for a free PDF of the HP Service Manual on your machine. When you look up your error it will refer you over to the firmware error. Go to the index at the end first as it's easier to locate the section for the error from the index.
Hope that helps you.
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 20, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 15, 2009 | HP Photosmart C8180 InkJet Printer
Jul 03, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 05, 2008 | HP PhotoSmart 1215 InkJet Printer
Oct 02, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 07, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Mar 24, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 15, 2007 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
I had the same problem plus had problems with message indicating "alignment failed" and to monitor the blakc/yellow print head. The print quality was very bad in black. It seemed to print about 1.5 lines and then skip a line. When I replaced black and yellow it seemed to get better print quality was just as bad. Finally called HP support. These are the steps they told me to do.
1. disconnect power
2. remove all ink cartridges
3. remove and clean contacts of both print heads
4. perform simultaneously the following press 6 and # on the keypad while at the same time plug in the power.
5. --- the printer came on (black squares on the screen) and then shut off.
6. --- was told to power up the printer
7. Printer began checking device(took a long time)
8. Printer began aligning printer (took a long time)
9. Finally finished = Message on screen "Alignment Failed"
10. Still not printing and hours later.
11. They will be replacing printer
12. Then they hit you with that you should buy a set of inkjet cartidges from them at $109.96 - warranty 2yr, works better, etc.
13. Sent to somebody else to arrange shipping new printer.
14. Free shipping 5-7 days - big deal - placed my work (home office) on hold.
16. Service help - listen when it follows the script, otherwise like talking to a door (In India).
17. Finally get transfered to somebody else and he informs me that he is not authorize to give me a new printer, need to talk to somebody else who is not there. Advises to call during business hours. He said that he could request that I be called back but that it could take a 1.5 days to get back to me.
18. I am going to call tomorrow morning during business hours - wish me luck.
I don't know what is awaiting but IN The Future I will not talk to anybody from INDIA - they do not have authority and do not listen (but maybe they don't listen because they can't do anything about it).
Oct 03, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
1,549 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: