My acer mouse model number mg-0919 stops working after about 2 minutes. I have to turn the mouse off then back on. This happens constantly. What is going on? Is it defective? My mouse is under...
I had the same problem. This mouse came with my Acer Revo which was still under warranty. Tech support basically says to check the obvious (batteries, USB connection, RF interference). Their obviously canned answer goes on to detail a manual reconnect procedure that does not apply to this model. And when all else fails, get a new mouse.
This is what Acer tech support emailed me:
If you are experiencing issues with your wireless mouse not working properly, perform the following steps to troubleshoot the wireless mouse.
1) Ensure that the receiver is 8-inches from other electrical devices. Avoid placing the cordless devices on metallic surfaces.
2) Verify that the USB connector from the receiver is properly plugged into a USB port on the computer. Try plugging the receiver into a different USB port to ensure that the USB port is working properly.
3) Remove the batteries and then reinsert the batteries into the mouse, making sure that the battery polarities are correct.
4) Test the batteries to ensure that they still have a charge.
5) Try the manual connect procedure.
Manual connect procedure:
1) Press and release the Connect button on the receiver.
2) Within 30 seconds, press and release the Connect button on the mouse.
If the issue persists, we can replace your computer's wireless mouse.
We will ship the new wireless mouse within 3-5 business days.
Before placing an order for wireless mouse we would like to confirm the following.
1) Complete shipping address:
2) email address:
3) phone number:
In order to place an order for wireless mouse, the computer must be registered.
Oct 06, 2010 |
Acer Aspire One PC Notebook