Question about Projection Televisions

1 Answer


Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 4,234 Answers

That part is called an "F" connector. The problem is that the repair of this takes a little practice. Also, if the PC board has broken inside the tuner, the tuner will need to be replaced as well. Can you solder? If so, I'd suggest just replacing the tuner. If you can post the make and model of the set, I can get you the part number and cost for the replacement.


Posted on Jul 16, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

My cable port on back broke off, can't afford to pay for a service call. how can I fix it. is it easy or hard. please help.

It's real easy. Just turn it in for repair, and watch tv someplace else. Save up money, by the time you have it the tv might be fixed. If not, the repair shop will hold your tv and your money. You can make payments and stuff.

Oct 19, 2015 | Projection Televisions

1 Answer

Cable connector broke off

You should be able to get a replacement Small signal board from

Nov 15, 2011 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

The part were the cable plugs into tv what is the name of that parts movers forgot to unplug and broke it off tv modle pcl542r


See my tip at for the procedure to replace your "F" connector and where to get the parts.

Thanks for using FixYa and for the great rating,


Apr 26, 2011 | Samsung PCL542R 54" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

The cable hook up on the TV broke off.

Yes...You may have to buy a new RF connector and replace. This will take some very good patience or purchase a new complete tuner. If you are not in a hurry for the tech shop. Use the rca jacks on the tv to a cable or satellite box. Just be sure when you power off you tv, that the tv is really off. A blank raster will look as if it is shut down for the time being! Good Luck!

Nov 29, 2009 | Panasonic PT-50LC14 50" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

The coax connector broke off on my rca d52w20 how can i fix it

you can take it to a repair shop to fix or the easiest way is to use a different input. try using the rca cable connections (the red, white, and yellow) to run from the cable box to the tv

Oct 24, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer


The part is called and "F" connector. It can be purchased but it also muist be soldered in place. This is not a trivial task. The F connector is part of the tuner. For a set of this size, it may be easier to replace the tuner rather than fool around with a repair attempt. Depending upon how it was broken, the PC board inside the tuner may be broken as well requiring tuner replacement anyway.


Nov 07, 2008 | RCA HD52W56 52" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

I have a 52 in.V4100 sony bravia T.v. . I am trying to hook my acer computer up to it to veiw photos and movies. i bought the M/M SVGA cable with audio,and im trying to get it to work but it dont. how do i...

Check to see that the TV is set to the proper input mode so that it take in a signal from the rear VGA connector. It is very important that you bought a compatible cable that can work between your TV set and type of computer.

Make sure that the laptop is set to the TV's native mode, or in a lower mode than the TV manufacture specifies. The native mode is the best.

Consult the computer's instruction manual or the information about its display card for how to activate the VGA mode to drive an external or second monitor, and or a TV set.

Jerry G.

Nov 01, 2008 | Projection Televisions

1 Answer

Co-ax input broke off in back

Good Day, aprilpatino;
If your TV has video, components or HDMI inputs you can by pass the 'rf' connector. You must have a cable, sat box or vcr in order to do so. Hook cable output from 'box' to the TV's input. Change TV's input with remote for the proper 'hooked-up' input.
Good Luck, Big Irish.

Jul 09, 2008 | Projection Televisions

1 Answer

I have a 27 jvc tv

The connector that just fell off when the cable was pulled will have to be replaced by a service center, Sometime the connector will just come out ot the solder joint and can be replaced. Sometimes it breaks off part of the circuit board, if it broke the board it is not likely that anyone will be willing to try to fix it.

Nov 29, 2007 | JVC HD-56G886 56" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

65wp94 / broke glass

It's the display screen. The 65v glass mirror is inside the cabinet that reflects the image onto the screen. I think what you want is the front display screen....... and a leather belt.

Jul 05, 2007 | JVC AV-65WP94 65" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Projection Televisions Logo

Related Topics:

40 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Projection Televisions Experts

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2267 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1191 Answers


Level 3 Expert

61249 Answers

Are you a Projection Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides