My Sony walkman A3000 regularly switches its self off due to "Low Battery" despite having been used for only an hour and me fully charging it. The battery should have a 35 hour life when charged. What could be wrong?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Broke, but you can Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off, hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware. Wizard.
Follow these steps-
- Open the Sony Walkman from "My Computer".
- Open the folder inside, then delete all the "DAT" files.
- Open the second foler which is inside the first foler and delete all these files.
- Close that and then open up "SonicStage"
- Now delete all the files from your library, but, DO NOT delete them from your computer.
- Now import all the songs again and it should pick up the device and start to transfer with no problems.
I have done this with my Sony Walkman and it now works.
If you experiance more problems contact me at
First things first-have you pressed the reset button on the bottom of the unit?
Secondly- try updating the firmware on your unit the manual way - Go to this link.
Go to download the latest version of Sonicstage but dont actually do it. At some point there is a link to update your firmware to version 3.0. Try doing this again, going through the update procedure it suggests, even if you already have 3.0 installed. This might work. Worth a try at least!