Question about RCA RCR450 Remote Control
There is NO "code search" button on this unit.
Here is a copy of my previous post regarding the programming of this remote:
The manual for this remote can be downloaded for free in PDF format from:
I actually found it while searching for the RCR451, but it works on RCR450.
1) Press "device" button, release
2) Press "device" and "on/off" at same time until indicator light stays on
3) Press "on/off" until device EITHER turns off or goes to (device) menu
4) Press "Stop" key to store the code
I used this control and method to program a Fisher VCR, a Zenith DVD/CD player, and a Quasar 25" TV.
Good luck !!
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2012 | Philips Universal Remote
Apr 27, 2011 | Polaroid 1720-7 Remote Control
Lets you search for a code for a specific Brand within
the Code Library for a particular manufacturer.
1. Turn on the device (TV, VCR, etc.) to be controlled.
2. Press and hold the SETUP button until the red
indicator remains on, then release SETUP button.
3. Press and quickly release the desired mode button
(TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator blinks off once.
4. Press and release the numeric button (0-9)
corresponding to desired Manufacturer (see table on
code list sheet). The red indicator blinks off once.
Note, pressing "0" performs a full library search same
as normal Code Search Method on previous page.
5. Press the CHANNEL UP button ((or POWER or
PLAY (VCR only)) repeatedly until the device to be
controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks
off with each button press. If you accidentally
overshoot the code required, press the CHANNEL
DOWN button to backtrack through the library until
the device changes channel. Pressing CHANNEL
UP changes direction to forward again.
6. Press and release MUTE to install the code.
Brand Search Method entry is now complete.
Note: When all codes under a Brand have been searched
the red indicator flashes rapidly for 3 seconds.
Try this. Good luck.
Apr 07, 2011 | Philips SRU3004 Remote Control
Dec 13, 2009 | Philips Remote Controls
Oct 03, 2009 | Sentry SE-RMC10 Remote Control
Sep 17, 2009 | Philips Universal PH301S Remote Control
Jun 26, 2008 | Philips Universal PH301S Remote Control
Apr 23, 2008 | Philips Magnavox MRU1400 Universal remote...
168 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: