Question about Nvidia GeForce 6600 Graphic Card
Hello, I have just purchased new RAM and a new Graphics Card for my computer via the internet. I am simply curious if it is safe for me to install them myself or if I should bring it in them in to Best Buy to have them installed. Also an approximated cost and approximated time would be nice. Thank you! :)
Heres what ya do to replace it yourself:
1. Unplug everything
2. Remove and jewwrely, watches, etc..
3. Set computer on a level table
4. Before opening the case, touch metal on the case for 15 seconds.
5. remove the screws, Take out old videocard and be carefull to lift up on the latch if it has one.
6. Take out old RAM by removing each latch on both sides of the RAM.
7. Store videocard & RAM in an antistatic bag if you have one. A cardboard box works too.
8. put in new videocard vertically where old one was and place back screws.
9. Put in the RAM. (May go in hard) Put in the RAM vertically and make sure the latches are secure.
10. Put back on case cover.
11. Turn on computer after plugging everything back in.
12. Done and hopefully it works.
It will cost about $20 - $50 for best buy to do this and will take about 30mins either way.
Having someone at best buy do it is a better choice if you have never done it before but its your call.
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 06, 2011 | ASUS P5PE-VM Motherboard
Mar 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2011 | HP Compaq dx2000 Microtower PC Desktop
Dec 18, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario SR1620NX...
Apr 19, 2017 | Evga nForce 780i SLI 3xPCI-E x16 PCI-E 2.0...
Jun 07, 2009 | XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8600 Graphics Card
Nov 13, 2008 | Gateway 310 S PC Desktop
Apr 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: