Question about Nvidia GeForce 6600 Graphic Card
Hello, I have just purchased new RAM and a new Graphics Card for my computer via the internet. I am simply curious if it is safe for me to install them myself or if I should bring it in them in to Best Buy to have them installed. Also an approximated cost and approximated time would be nice. Thank you! :)
Heres what ya do to replace it yourself:
1. Unplug everything
2. Remove and jewwrely, watches, etc..
3. Set computer on a level table
4. Before opening the case, touch metal on the case for 15 seconds.
5. remove the screws, Take out old videocard and be carefull to lift up on the latch if it has one.
6. Take out old RAM by removing each latch on both sides of the RAM.
7. Store videocard & RAM in an antistatic bag if you have one. A cardboard box works too.
8. put in new videocard vertically where old one was and place back screws.
9. Put in the RAM. (May go in hard) Put in the RAM vertically and make sure the latches are secure.
10. Put back on case cover.
11. Turn on computer after plugging everything back in.
12. Done and hopefully it works.
It will cost about $20 - $50 for best buy to do this and will take about 30mins either way.
Having someone at best buy do it is a better choice if you have never done it before but its your call.
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2011 | Graphics Cards
Nov 28, 2010 | Intel RADEON 9200SE Graphic Card
Nov 26, 2010 | Graphics Cards
Nov 19, 2010 | Graphics Cards
Aug 14, 2009 | Palit Microsystems GeForce FX5500, (256...
Jun 07, 2009 | XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8600 Graphics Card
Apr 12, 2008 | Graphics Cards
Oct 12, 2006 | Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Video Card, 128MB...
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: