Here is a temporary solution if you don't want to return your defective BlackBerry and loose all your informations:
102 error means that a .cod file on your BlackBerry seems to be corrupt. By doing the following steps, you will have a chance to backup your BlackBerry and re-install the OS.
1. Download and install JL_Cmder. You can find it on the web by Google
it, or you can go to this web page: http://www.blackberryfreaks.com/JL_Cmder.html
2. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC.
3. Start JL_Cmder and select the option 2 (Event log).
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the log and look for "JVM Error 102." The line before it, should tell you exactly what file is causing the error. Save the file name; you will need it later.
5. Go to Start / Run, and type "CMD" and press Enter.
6. Change directory to the JL_Cmder installation folder.e.g., type: cd "C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\" and press enter.
7. Type the following command to remove the corrupted
file:javaloader.exe -u erase -f FILENAME
is the name of the corrupted
8. Disconnect your BlackBerry from your PC and restart it.
9. Now you should be able to start BlackBerry Desktop
Manager and take a backup of your device. (Optional).
10. Reactive your BlackBerry
11. Restore your backup from BlackBerry Desktop Manager. (Optional).