Question about RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television

2 Answers

How do i replace the tube in my projection tv

It has blown up and i need a new tube

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I am scared to death that the t.v tube will explode in my hands, or if i accidently crack it. is this a myth? will the t.v. tube explode if im not carfull? please answer back.

Posted on Sep 25, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 927 Answers

Good Day, pinky91,
Replacing a tube is easy, remove cabinet front and back, to get to top of crt's & cables, unplug all cables to defective tube, yoke, convergence cables, anode, crt socket.
The biggest concern should be installing the new tube. Ater replacing the tube it must aligned, not easy. It takes an experienced Tech about 2 to 2.5 hours to perform this repair.
Good Luck, big IRISH. P.S. I would recommend to have a professional to perform this.

Posted on Jul 18, 2008


2 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 1030 Answers

SOURCE: Blown tube?

tube replaement in these units are extremely labor intensive. shadow may mean a bad focus pack or it could mean a bad tube or bad crt board. but i would suggest geting a tech to look at it

Posted on Mar 12, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where do I locate the picture tube in the tv and replace it?

there is no tube,it has different components and to fix them is going to cost you more than a flat screen tv

Jun 14, 2015 | RCA Televison & Video

3 Answers

Rainbows across screen

IF this is a projection tv of tube nature, you need the projection tubes degaussed. IF it is solid state, you have circuit board problems and that can get expensive...if not impossible when compared to the price of a new TV. BE very carefull of speaker placement near these tube if it is a projection tube type...get the speakers away from the sides of the tv, Turn it on and off several times. (it degausses itself everytime it is turned on)..and see if you see a lessening of the effect...if you do, then with time, this will go away.

Hope this Helped. -CA

Jul 14, 2008 | Sony Televison & Video

2 Answers

My tv color is blue and red is my lamp out or what

no your optic block is going south u need a new light engine big bucks

Sep 20, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-55859 55" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Sound but no picture!

Try unplugging the three convergence yoke plugs and then try powering up the set. If the set lights up the tubes, you will need to troubleshoot the convergence circuits as something is still wrong possibly the feed resistors are blown.

Nov 30, 2008 | Panasonic PT-51HX41 51" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

I need a blue picture tube re-necked / rebuilt

Go to the following link and leave your model number in a email and list which tube you need, they have access to just about any new replacement tube that you need for Sonys. they dont list them all, but leave a email I am sure they will have what you need.Heres the link.

Aug 09, 2008 | Sony KP-65WV700 65" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

Blown CRT?

no you can replace just the one thats blown. They have G2 adjustments on the focus block to balance the brightness. Which tube do you need there are 3 ? you can get replacements at the following link just leave them a email with your model and which tube you need.

Jun 19, 2008 | RCA P61960 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Blown tube?

tube replaement in these units are extremely labor intensive. shadow may mean a bad focus pack or it could mean a bad tube or bad crt board. but i would suggest geting a tech to look at it

Mar 12, 2008 | RCA D61W20 61" Rear Projection Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

586 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75025 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides