Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
I want to rename the user folder under user in vista
You cannot rename the user folder because it is a system folder.
You can go to user accounts in control panel and rename the user account from the 'old name' to new name'. Unfortunately this will be purely cosmetic, the account will still be seen by the system with 'old name'.
The only efficient solution is going into control panel/accounts and creating an new account with 'new name'. Then you transfer all data to 'new name' account and delete the old account.
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2013 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Sep 25, 2013 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Please verify if you have renamed/upgraded your account to Outlook.com. If yes, please be informed thatyou are only upgrading the user interface of Hotmail to the new user interface; hence all your emails should still stay in your Inbox. There could be many reasons why emails could be lost after renaming:
1. Due to inactivity in account:
• If your emails were over 365 days old, you may have lost them due to inactivity in the account even before you renamed the account. If you had Self-recovery of emails turned on in your account before renamed, you can try to recover some of the deleted messages yourself, please refer: Deleted email messages.
2. You got another option to save your Hotmail emails differently when renaming your account to @Outlook.com account:
• If you chose to rename your account to @Outlook.com, a prompt would have asked you - 'Where do you want to save your emails?' You will have the option to create a new folder for your old account or save the emails in the Inbox of your renamed account. If you chose to create a new folder, the default name of the folder will be the name of your old account and the folder will appear in the left pane under 'Folders'. And all your old emails will be stored in this folder.
3. Your account was hacked even before you renamed your account:
• A hacker had already deleted emails in their account before you renamed the account.
Jan 18, 2013 | Google Gmail
May 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 12, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Jun 19, 2009 | Yamaha FZX 750 Motorcycles
Jun 13, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Nov 16, 2008 | Pinnacle Studio Plus Version 11
Jul 13, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: