- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Reset or restore your iPod for a try, this can fix many general iPod problems.
2. You may try this iTunes alternative, I always use it to upload music and video to my iPod once my iTunes can't recognize my iPod, my friends recommend it to me, it's safe and works pretty well, you can also use it to copy music and video from ipod to computer for backup, it's useful when you lost your iTunes library.
1. Try another USB cord or USB cable.
2. Restrart your computer for a try. 3. Reset or restore your iPod for a try, this way can fix many general iPod problems. If you don't know how to do that, you may refer to this iPod tips http://www.mac-dvd.com/ipod-tips-and-ipod-faq.html 4. Download and install the latest version fo iTunes for a try. 5. You may try this iPod transfer, it's a nice iTunes alternative that can help you upload music and video to iPod, I always use it to sync my iPod when my iTunes can't recognize my iPod, it's easy to use and works pretty well http://www.ipod-transfer-copy.com/ipod-iphone-to-computer-transfer-cucusoft.html If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.
put your ipod in disk mode by following these steps. press and hold the Menu and Center buttons on the clickwheel. when you see the apple appear, switch your fingers to the center and play/pause buttons. whena check mark appears plug it into you computer and it should detect and mount. add music and have fun.
put your ipod in disk mode by Pressing and Hold the Menu and Center buttons, when the apple appears switch the the Play/Pause button and the center button and hold til a check mark appears. Attach the ipod to you computer. Go to My Computer and find your ipod drive, right click and choose FORMAT. Don't do a quick format. let it go through the full format and when it's done try and restore it in itunes. It should restore fine. you may have a virus in it that is not allowing it to be deleted by the restore process.
If your computer is recognising other ipods and not yours there is a possibility of somethin being wrong with your ipod.You can always get it replaced.Or else maybe you should check the USB cable you are using to conect.
Finally try your ipod on another computer.
This oughta help you arrive at a conclusion.
and if i helped u solve ur problem in any way...please help me by clicking on the fixya rating.. thank you.
try connecting to another computer that has itunes. this sounds like it wont solve anything but for some reason i get errors sometimes and as soon as i connect to another computer and then connect to the original i dont get errors from the original computer i was trying to use.
if that doesnt work, hold the power and home button untill your ipod shuts off then turn it back on. this sometimes helps as a sort of reset for your ipod without losing any of your music or etc.
hope this helped!
put it in DFU mode while connected to the computer. to do this, hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds and then let go of the power but keep on holding the home for 10 secs. the screen will be black and nothing will show up. go to itunes and click on your ipod on the left. then click restore. this should work.
Have you tried installing the ipod program cd from your ipod on a separate file. Under a different username? It may be conflicting with the older model ipod protocols. If that dosen't work try going to apple.com for further assistance.