Question about Pentax K100D Super Digital SLR Camera
1. Set manual focus
2. In Menu -> custom settings ->Using aperture ring = 2
3. When taking photo, focus, set aperture and press green button to set exposure time. Then press shutter.
works fine with my antique SMC Pentax lenses.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
I don't own a K10D, but I do own a K100D which I have successfully used both manual focus & auto-focus lenses from my old Pentax stash!
1) If it is a manual focus lens, you need to turn off Autofocus on the body of your K10D. On my K100D, there is a switch on the side of the lens mount that says [-MF or -AF]. "-MF" is manual focus mode & "-AF" is autofocus mode. Since your lens doesn't have autofocus capability, turn it to the "-MF" mode.
Also . . . When I press "Menu" and go to "Custom Setting", I change two settings . . .
1) I change "Using aperture ring" to "Permitted". This allows you to use manual lenses (M lenses) that do not have an auto(exposure) setting, and also lets you use Auto lenses (A, KA, KA2, FA, etc.) in either the Auto or manual aperture setting modes.
2) I change "Fl with S lens used" so that even with a manual focus lens, although I don't have autofocus capability, my K100D beeps and shows a little red square in the viewfinder when I have successfully focused manually!
The K10D should have the same options.
This should get you up and running!
I have had a load of fun with my old lens on my new digital Pentax!
Take care & Happy Imaging!
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2014 | Pentax Cameras
Jun 24, 2014 | Pentax Cameras
Nov 21, 2012 | Pentax K1000 35mm SLR Camera
Sep 26, 2010 | Pentax Cameras
Oct 16, 2009 | Pentax K1000 35mm SLR Camera
Oct 14, 2009 | Cameras
Jun 05, 2009 | Pentax MZ-60 QD 35mm SLR Camera
Feb 12, 2008 | Pentax K10D Body Only Digital Camera
254 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!