Question about Pentax K100D Super Digital SLR Camera
1. Set manual focus
2. In Menu -> custom settings ->Using aperture ring = 2
3. When taking photo, focus, set aperture and press green button to set exposure time. Then press shutter.
works fine with my antique SMC Pentax lenses.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
I don't own a K10D, but I do own a K100D which I have successfully used both manual focus & auto-focus lenses from my old Pentax stash!
1) If it is a manual focus lens, you need to turn off Autofocus on the body of your K10D. On my K100D, there is a switch on the side of the lens mount that says [-MF or -AF]. "-MF" is manual focus mode & "-AF" is autofocus mode. Since your lens doesn't have autofocus capability, turn it to the "-MF" mode.
Also . . . When I press "Menu" and go to "Custom Setting", I change two settings . . .
1) I change "Using aperture ring" to "Permitted". This allows you to use manual lenses (M lenses) that do not have an auto(exposure) setting, and also lets you use Auto lenses (A, KA, KA2, FA, etc.) in either the Auto or manual aperture setting modes.
2) I change "Fl with S lens used" so that even with a manual focus lens, although I don't have autofocus capability, my K100D beeps and shows a little red square in the viewfinder when I have successfully focused manually!
The K10D should have the same options.
This should get you up and running!
I have had a load of fun with my old lens on my new digital Pentax!
Take care & Happy Imaging!
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2014 | Pentax Digital Cameras
on May 05, 2010 | Digital Cameras
Mar 06, 2008 | Digital Cameras
Mar 08, 2014 | Pentax Digital Cameras
Sep 13, 2010 | Pentax *ist DS Digital Camera
Nov 05, 2009 | Pentax K10D Digital Camera with 18-55mm...
Sep 27, 2009 | Pentax K10D Digital Camera
Feb 12, 2008 | Pentax K10D Body Only Digital Camera
Nov 26, 2007 | Pentax *ist D Digital Camera
253 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!