Question about Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
When I push the setting buttons, nothing happens. The door light works. Any ideas?
I had the same exact PROBLEM. This was the solution. Find jkenned1 solution reference problems with the buttons. Follow the steps that he recommends however the following is different:
1. You will have to completely disconnect the front control panel from the rest of the dryer. You will have to detach the two bundles of wires from the "brain board". One bundle is connected to the board by a wide connector and the other is connected by a thinner connector. Both connectors are next to each other on the "brain board". Unclip these from the board. If you are computer savy, they connect the same way you connect your hardware to a mother board, you have to depress a tab on the connector and wiggle it free.
2. Once you have the front control panel completely separate from the rest of the dryer, you will have to remove the boards from the control panel housing. This is done by first removing the metal housing which connects the whole control panel to the dryer. I believe there are six screws (I used a socket driver).
3. Once the metal panel is removed, you will see two boards. Remove both boards by unscrewing them from the front control panel housing. They are screwed in by security screws so you may have to go to the hardware store to get the proper screw driver tip. (take the boards with you to show the hardware employee if you have to).
4. Once you remove the boards, you will see mineral stains or deposits (mine were white like calcium) on the boards, especially where the solder connections are. Take a tooth brush and some isopropyl alcohol and clean the mineral deposits off (I used a braun oral B electric tooth brush).
5. Reassemble and you should be back in business.
This would have cost me $464.00 to repair through SEARS. Their own repair person didn't know how to fix the problem other than replace the entire control panel. I am currently researching a way to waterproof the boards. Don't forget to unplug the dryer while you work on this.
This is very simple to do just take your time and be careful. It took me a total of 30 minutes start to finish.
Posted on Jul 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2013 | Kenmore 700 6972 Dryer
Sep 14, 2012 | Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
Aug 03, 2012 | Dryers
Aug 03, 2011 | Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
Oct 24, 2010 | GE Dryers
Feb 14, 2010 | Whirlpool LGB6300 Gas Dryer
Jun 08, 2009 | Magic Chef CYE4000AWW Electric Dryer
Jul 30, 2015 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: