Question about Orion1934 19" TV
I cannot get my tv to turn on. There was a power surge here and after that my tv won't turn on(it also blew a fuse in my vcr). A friend of mine said there is a fuse in the tv that might need to be changed. Is this true? Any help would be great!!!!
Your friend is correct there is a fuse in your televisions's power supply. Now I do not however suggest that you open the TV set and try to find it, because it's not like the old days where the fuse was located in or around about the same area in most TVs . The fuse in this case might be towards the middle of the set or on the power supply board in any location so finding the fuse will be the biggest chore. However here are some simple instructions of how you might be able to find the fuse.
1. unplug the TV
2 take the back off of the tv
3. using a flashlight look for a component that looks like two round metallic cylinders separated by a glass cylinder.
4. remove the fuse from the fuse holder
5. visually inspect the fuse for internal burning (black soot)
6. if possible test the fuse with an ohmmeter should read 0 ohms
7. Replace the fuse with one of the same voltage and current rating (check for replacement fuses at radio shack or some place like that)
8. After the fuse is replaced try to turn on the TV before putting the back on "BE VERY CAREFUL DANGEROUS VOLTAGES ARE PRESENT"
9. If the TV comes on you are read to turn the TV off and put the back of the TV back on.
10 If the TV does not come back on you will have to get the set looked at by a qualified TV technician since if the TV does not come on it may be the result of a power supply malfunction.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Jul 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2012 | Fusion FUS37LCR 37 LCD TV
Apr 12, 2011 | Westinghouse SK-32H240S Television
Oct 21, 2010 | Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ80U Plasma TV
Nov 07, 2009 | Philips 19MDTR20/99 19 in. TV/VCR/DVD...
Sep 15, 2008 | Televison & Video
Dec 30, 2007 | Broksonic CTSGT9369CTT 19 in. TV/VCR Combo
302 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: