Question about Danby DPAC8399 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Missing the drain hose connector

The drain hose connector is missing. Given that this model has been discontinued, and it's proving to be impossible to get through to Danby, is there any place I could go that would offer me this part?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An user who is expert in 3 categories / brands.

  • Master
  • 1,362 Answers

A drain hose is a drain hose, go to home depot and get the dimension and lenght you need.

Posted on Jul 22, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


Find the drain outlet and use a wet vacuum on the drain line to pull gunk clogging the drain line out. You may need to reclean on more periodic basis. Problems with drain line gunk buildup vary with location airborn contaminants. Your water leaking could also be not a drain problem, but an air leakage by the seals in the unit installation. If unit is not sealed properly, warm moist air can leak in past bad or missing seals and come in contact with cool surfaces and condense water out and leak out of unit.
Hope this helps

Oct 21, 2014 | Carrier Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Would anyone know if i can use a 3/4 dryer hose?

A dryer hose is typically four inches in diameter. They are flexible and they have an accordion design, so they stretch out.

The 3/4" drain hose can be a plastic hose or rubber hose. Depending on how long the drain hose needs to be, an inexpensive 3/4 " garden hose may be the most economical. Just make sure the is 3/4" in diameter. If you need a short length of hose, a piece of 3/4" plastic hose may be the best bet.

The dryer hose and plastic drain hose can be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot.

Jun 05, 2014 | Danby Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Lost my secondary drain plug?!?! help!

The plug should be a "common size" usually 3/4 pipe thread in America. If that's the case, go down to your local hardware store.

Jul 06, 2013 | Whirlpool ACP102 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Out the window hose missing

If this is a just purchased unit and you discovered the exhaust hose was missing after unpacking the unit. Contact Danby Customer Support 800-263-262.

Jul 28, 2011 | Danby DPAC8399 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

I want to eliminate water tanks and connect direct to outside drain ..q..where do i connect from inside tank or portable one.

Unfortunately, draining to the outside would be next impossible, as the maximum length of hose that can be used is 48". There is no pump. the unit relies entirely on gravity to drain. In addition, continuous drainage can only be used for the Dehumidifier function. It should not be used for the Cooling Mode. Water is required to keep the unit cool during operation.

Take good care of your unit, as it has been discontinued by Danby.

I hope this helps you and thanks for choosing FixYa.

Jul 27, 2011 | Danby DPAC8399 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Hello, I need the hose to drain water outside that fits the fridgidair portable air conditioner #FAPO9EP1Z1. Is there another small tube or is there any other hoses or vents that I need? I don't see...

impreston - with out the following parts , you really don't have "just the air conditioner."

1- Flexible Exhaust Hose
2- Hose Adapters
1- Sliding Window Kit
1-Foam Window Seal
1-Remote Control

The drain hose is something you supply. A garden hose, no longer than 5 feet will do if you want it to be a continusos drain, rather than drain into the water collectiong bucket. But, without the first 4 items lister above, you won't be able to operate the unit.

Here is a link that may be of some help to you, since you don't have an Owner's Manual.

You will beed to contact Frigidaire (1 -800-374-4432 ) for the parts you're missing.

Hope this helped you. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jul 12, 2011 | Frigidaire FAP094P1Z Portable Air...

1 Answer

I got a danby ,and i not no how to use it. there is hole at the back of it, but i do not a hose,what do i do

Unfortunately, the model have has been discontinued. The hole on the back is for an exhaust hole for an exhaust hose that goes out a window. However, there is more to it than just the hose. You need the hose couplings/connectors and the window termination kit. Even though your model has been discontinued, Danby may be able to help you. 800-496-6049

Hope this helps you solve the problem. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jun 08, 2011 | Danby DPAC8099 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Leak is around inducer housing where i can't see.

Leaking water? Check the condensate hose for a blockage. If the condensate hose is missing, put a hose going to the sump. Make a small loop in the hose lower than the blower housing to add restriction of the blower so the pressure switch closes.

Oct 18, 2009 | Ruud Central System Air Conditioner

1 Answer

My air conditioners is a everstar model mpa-08cr, and i need to instal the water hose on the side of unit.

Hey there, just follow these simple steps then you'll be on your way
To connect the continuous drain option. Remove
the water tank from the cabinet. Inside the
cabinet (water tank area) you will find a section of
hose hanging beside the water tank, which is plugged
at the end. Remove the plug
from the end of the hose and install the drain hose connector
(included with this unit) into the
end of this hose section. Route the end of the
hose (with drain connection) into the water tank,
then through the hole provided in the face of the
water tank. Attach a section of garden hose (to
suit your continuous drain option requirements)
to the drain hose connector. Place the open end
of the hose directly over the drain area in your
basement floor.
Please make sure the drain hose
section routed through water tank does not interfere
with the correct positioning of the water tank inside
the cabinet, or the will fail-safe switch mechanism will
be activated, not allowing the unit to operate.

Jun 19, 2009 | Danby DPAC8020 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Drain hose in floor drain but fills up water bucket

wow, that's a weird one there. just to check, you did turn thr drain connection all the way down and remove the cap? nothing inside the drain connector? the hose is not too small or run too far? is the water coming out of the hose and in to the bucket at the same time if it is I would think ther is an internal leak somewhere and take it back for an exchange if new. good luck let me know if this wasn't any help for ya

Jun 12, 2009 | GE APH10AA Air Conditioner

Not finding what you are looking for?
Danby DPAC8399 Air Conditioner Logo

Related Topics:

433 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danby Heating & Cooling Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8205 Answers


Level 3 Expert

1362 Answers

Tim Whalen

Level 3 Expert

3069 Answers

Are you a Danby Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides