Question about Philips DVP5982
We recently bo't a used Philips 3005K/93 DVP and Philips 8080i TV from friends. The only problem we're having is it displays a "Wrong Region" message somewhat indiscriminately on certain DVD's. We live in China and the TV and DVP were both bought here originally. China is Region 6. Some DVD's have a region stamped on them.....some do not....some work....some do not. Is there anything that can be done? Each machine (TV and DVP) has a remote control and seems to work well. The machine are a couple of years old and in great condition. In some dvd it says "wrong region"
This will make the player region free so it'll play anything. It worked on mine and i have the same player.
remote control :
- Press "System Menu" key to enter Set Up menu.
- Move to "Preference Page" using arrow keys to the left or to the right.
- Press the following sequence in the remote control: 135566
- A menu indicating "Region Code" will appear.
- Change region using arrow keys to top or down. Region Code = 0 will play all regions.
- Press "System Menu" key to exit Set Up menu.
Posted on Aug 14, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Mar 07, 2010 | Televison & Video
Apr 06, 2011 | Philips Televison & Video
Jan 28, 2011 | Philips Televison & Video
Aug 07, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Mar 05, 2009 | Philips DVP320 DVD Player
May 22, 2008 | Philips DVP-3005 DVD Player
2,239 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!