Question about NEC Versa VX Notebook
I have a NEC Versa M400 notebook ,need to locate the RAM so as to upgrade ,... cud sum1 pls guide how to open d notebook and get to the RAM ...d manual s not available online as well
1) You'll need a small screwdriver and phillips head screwdriver.
2) You will need to stick the small screwdriver head in between the row of function keys and speaker cover. Gently and carefully unclip the speaker cover away from the keypad.
3) Once the speaker cover is off, gently remove the keypad away from the clips that are holding it in place. You'll need a screwdriver to do this. Once this has been done, rest the keypad down without having to disconnect it from the circuit board.
4) You'll see a silver cover to the right. Remove all the small phillips head screws. Lift the cover off and underneath the thin black plastic sheet is your RAM.
5) To remove RAM simply pull the two metal clips that are holding it outwards and the RAM will pop up and then you can slide it out.
6) To replace/add RAM, slide the RAM into it's slot. It can only go in one way. Once it's in, genlty press down on the RAM and it should click back into it's place. Make sure that the metal clips are holding the RAM in it's place.
7) Screw silver cover back on, put keypad back on making sure it is clipped back into it's place, put the speaker cover into the allocatd slots and gently press down and you'll hear it click into place.
Posted on Oct 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2011 | NEC Versa Premium Notebook
Jun 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2010 | NEC Versa VX Notebook
Aug 31, 2009 | NEC Versa VX Notebook
Mar 27, 2008 | NEC Versa LX Notebook
Dec 29, 2007 | NEC Versa SX Notebook
Dec 27, 2007 | NEC Versa FX Notebook
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!