I live in Australia and purchased an IPhone while in New York April this year. It was working well with my standard optus sim card until a few days ago when I accepted a version upgrade initiated by a computer prompt when I connected the IPhone to update addresses etc
The IPhone now will not accept the sim card. Can I get the old software loaded. Not sure what version I originally had, I think it was 1.1
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I need to add some sort of account so I can use my bell mobiloity 4s iphone in Australia to call, within Australia, and call Canad, US and possibly Ghana asap. I leave on 24 march arriving Sydney 26 march, leave Australia 16 April arriving Halifax 16 April travelling via San Francisco.
Please advise . Thank you
1. If this is a Prepaid sim, make sure your wife has enough load on the sim. Sometimes, even if you still have a few loads left, these networks does not process the text message especially for roaming sims. So let your wife load a new prepaid card.
2. Make sure your wife's phone is configured with the correct SMS Message Center. Ask Optus about it and have your wife double check on her phone's Message center setting.
3. If this is a postpaid, and that your phone can still call you from India to Australia, and that the suggestion in no. 2 was checked, then by all means, the problem is with Optus, considering that SMS sending was working days ago with your wife.
Please let me know if this helps. Thank you for using FixYa.
if you purchased it as a prepaid you will have to contact the carrier.if you have used more than $80.00 AU credit on the phone and it was an Optus or Virgin prepaid then they will unlock it for free
If it was a telstra phone and you have had it for less than 6 mths it's $50 AU to unlock
more than 6 mths and it's $27.50 Au