Question about Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Sorry, I'm a newbie in using computers and laptop, my laptop just continue to finish the setup, however in never ends, when the loading reaches the end of the line, a problem pops up then reboot automatically the system and the setup, and i can't even get into the password access...
the setup ends with this message:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed software or hardware. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.
***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF7BEBOOC, 0x00000000, 0x05D8350, 0x00000000)
*** atiide2k.sys - Address F7BEB00C base at F7BEA000, DateStamp 40bf6f34
Beginning dump of the physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
That's All... Hope you can bear with me, thanks.
How was the reinstall administered,from the hard drive restore image or from the disk?
Reinstalls can be for a few different reasons,ie,virsus you cant get rid off or failed drive that has been replaced with a new one and needs a new install of an Operating system before you can use it..
Statring with a fresh install on any computer seems a fail safe way to establish a solid base foundation and a good stable system.
Good ram will help speed thru the processes,faster the better I say,Don't forget the SP2 updates so the devices will function correctly with the right instructions etc...
Lastly,If install was from the original disks and there are still the faults present you may have to return the unit to the manufacturer for a service agent to reinstall,
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2013 | Computers & Internet
on Jan 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 24, 2013 | Acer Aspire 3680-2682 Notebook
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Apr 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
1. Check your BIOS to be sure your computer will boot from a CD.
Enter the BIOS setup by pressing the "Delete" or F2 or "F12"
key, or as directed at the startup screen, immediately after booting. Set the
first boot device to "CDROM" or "DVDROM" instead of
"hard drive" if it isn't already.
2. MS-DOS command prompt
Insert the Windows XP installation CD into your CD or DVD drive
and restart the computer. When prompted, choose to start from the MS-DOS
command prompt with CD support. The MS-DOS command prompt will appear in a
3. Start SMARTDRIVE by typing "SMARTDRV" at the DOS prompt
and pressing enter. You don't have to run SMARTDRIVE, but copying the files
will be much quicker if you do. The computer will display the DOS prompt again.
4. Enter "CD I386" at the DOS prompt to change to the
directory where the setup program starts.
5. Enter "WINNT" at the prompt to start Windows XP setup.
The installation program will copy files to your computer and then display a
message requesting to reboot.
6. Press the "Enter" key to reboot. The setup program will
start again and check that your hard drive format is compatible with Windows
XP. If not, it will guide you through partitioning and formatting the drive and
then ask you to reboot once more.
7. Press "Enter" to reboot. The computer will restart in Windows XP mode and automatically start the Windows Setup Wizard to detect your hardware and finish the installation.
Feb 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 22, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario 2200 Notebook
Oct 22, 2008 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Jul 25, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
289 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: