I have a Compaq V2000 Presario. When I press the power button, I hear the fan spins...then it dies. The HD does not seem to power up. I can see the power button is still lighted. Also, the recharger light is on. Just wondering what is causing this? Thanks.
If you have access to the internet, and a floppy or CD-ROM drive in the notebook, download a memory-test program and write or burn it. If the notebook successfully runs the memory test, then you have reason to consider the microprocessor memory and general motherboard OK, and to suspect the hard drive.
To boot from a CD-Rom you might have to select that option in the notebook's CMOS. By the way, your question did not say if you could access the CMOS setup menu. But try that also.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn off computer and unplug power cord.
2. Disconnect all external devices(open up the computer tower and then )
3. remove battery
4. press power button and hold for 10-15 seconds
5. plug power cord back into computer and press power button.
6. Check LED’s and listen for power supply fan.
7. If LED’s are on or power supply fan starts spinning, watch for boot screen
8. If coputer begins to turn on, turn it off.
9. Reconnect battery and external devices.
10. Press power button and make sure computer starts.
Press F2 or Del key to get into Bois settings. Reset it to defaults by pressing F7 or look for the option on top of the window. F10 save & exit. See if it works.. otherwise try windows repair/reinstall
remove battery plug in power...see what happens ...nothing happens press and hold power button until you hear response(shut down)press power as usual to boot.if it doesnt work first time try a few times more remember to keep power button pressed to shut down.
Sounds like your power supply may have died. Check all the power connections to your pc (if it is connected to a power-bar, make sure the power bar has not gone bad). If everything looks good there, you probably need to by a new PSU (Power Supply Unit)
Do u have installed recently, some software? Try to boot up pressing the F8 button, when the menu appears select the option "Windows in safe mode" if u can boot to windows. View our software installed. If it is not software try, boot whit the windows installation disk enter to the setup and select the option repair, u will go to a DOS prompted window (all black whit white letters) must appear "c:\" used the command "chkdsk /f /r" let it run he will try to find any problem in the disk.