There is a door at the back of your printer. Open it. Now there is a lever on the side which releases a second door. (It swings open from the top back.) Once open, you should be able to remove the remaining bit of paper.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Open the printer up and remove any stuck pieces of paper. Check in the paper tray as well by removing the tray and looking inside. Remove any pieces of paper you see then reinstall the paper tray. Your printer should come back up with no jams. If it still says jam then cycle the power to the printer to see if it clears. If it does not clear, you still have a piece of paper stuck somewhere inside. If you can't find ANY paper stuck your printer may need to be cleaned.
Please verify that no printer paper is jammed or partially fed into the printer. If you have one or more pieces of paper stuck in the printer these will need to be manually removed before the printer will print again.
Paper jams can be tricky to solve. The paper is usually stuck inside the printer mechanism so even if there is no visible paper jam, you will still get the paper jam error. Try this:
1. Turn off your printer
2. Open all trays and remove any paper stuck there
3. Locate the button to open the printer, open it and remove any paper stuck there also.
4. Repeate the above step for all buttons that you can find to access the inside of the printer
5. Close all doors and put back all trays
6. Turn on your printer
NOTE: Please rate our help to keep this free service online.
Solution migh be is to check whether there are paper pieces stuck in between rolls. Also you migh try to apply some grease in to rolling conjuction. Prior doing above just try to roll it by hand whether it rolls freely
When working with any printer it's inevitable that you'll encounter a
paper jam. Below are the steps you'll want to follow when this occurs.
1. Turn off the printer. 2. Inspect the location or tray the printed paper ejects to. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.* 3.
Remove all paper trays and any paper that may be stuck between the tray
and the printer. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.* 4.
Open the printer door that allows you access to the printer ink
cartridges or toner and look for any stuck paper. If the stuck paper is
visible manually remove it.* 5. Turn the printer back on. If you continue to receive a printer jam error try repeating the above steps again.
issue still persist and you see no paper that is stuck in the printer
it's likely your printer is experiencing another hardware issue and we
suggest contacting the printer manufacturer for additional assistance
and/or repair. *
To manually remove paper pull on the paper
with both hands being careful not to tear the paper while pulling it.
If you're unable to get to an edge of the paper that allows you to pull
it you may need to manually rotate the gears that feed the paper
through the printer. Preventing a printer paper jam As mentioned
earlier it is inevitable that you will encounter at least one paper jam
during the life of your printer.
However, if you're encountering
frequent paper jams following the below steps can help prevent paper
jams from occurring. * If your printer has a paper tray do not fill the
tray to capacity. If you're encountering frequent paper jams reduce the
amount of paper you place in the tray each time it is filled. * Make
sure you or the tray feeding the paper into the printer is aligned
properly and/or the slider used to hold the paper in place in the tray
is snug with the paper. Many printers have sliders that allow different
types and sizes of paper to be fed into the printer. If the slider is
not properly positioned it can cause paper jams. *
standard office paper; folded paper, paper with labels, and specialty
paper such as hard bound paper can often cause paper jams. If you're
uncertain with what type of paper you should use with your printer your
printer documentation will list the types of paper compatible with your
printer. * Do not mix the types of paper you're feeding into the
printer at one time. If you need to change the type of paper or size of
paper being used removed any other paper currently in the printer
before inserting the new paper. * Examine the printer for any previous
stuck paper in the printer. Previous paper jams, torn paper, printing
labels or other foreign objects in the printer can cause reoccurring
printer jams. I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest
FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating,
then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Your description is not very very descriptive, so I dont know if that stuck piece, prevents the ink from hitting you page. But, if you know how to remove your cartridge, I am sure you should be able to have a good view of the paper rollers [depending on your brand of printer] that drive the paper towards your output tray. If something is stuck, by rotating them, which is not a very easy task in some printers, you should be able to bring into view the piece that is stuck
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
3. Also open the back cover of the printer if this model has one.
4. Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
5. If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it away from light/ sun light to avoid damaging it.
6. If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
7. If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though. Do this step especially if the jam message comes up repeatedly without any obvious paper jam, there may be a small tear of paper inside.
8. Ones the printer is free of paper Replace the toner or ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the printer back on.
9. If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
10. see alternative if the problem is still not solved.
Load a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
Please pull out the tray.
Check if the rear end fence is out of place.
If so, please remove the metal plate with the spring, remove the gear in the middle of the tray (below the metal plate) and reposition correctly in its place the rear and front end fences.
Then try closing the tray.
Good luck and please rate me, thanks.
If you are getting "Paper Jam check drawer two message" I would suggest you to check for any paper stuck inside the paper drawer two. If you don't see any paper jammed inside drawer two, you might also want to check out if its is stuck anywhere in the paper path. Removing the paper jam should fix the issue. Try cleaning the pick rollers (the rollers which pick the paper) in drawer two. This should help fixing this issue.