Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
SOURCE: whirlpool duet washer
F11=Serial Communication Error
Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit
(MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
• Check Wire Harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control
• Check the Drive system for any worn or failed components
• Check MCU
• Check CCU
• Check Motor
• Check Wire Harness
F28= No such Code could be out of the fact you have a F11
Posted on Feb 18, 2008
You can call whirlpool for service but the tech sheet f28 has a communication problem from you computer to the motor..
The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and
the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted
upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing
the MCU connectors.
Posted on Sep 21, 2008
Sud= The unit has sensed there is too many suds in the unit it will
flush and pump out for 5 min and restart on its own..This is caused by
too much soap use..
From the book :
If too much detergent was used:
—Run the unit through a Rinse/Spin cycle.
—Run a Normal cycle without adding any detergent.
This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump,
pressure switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Check drain pump.
7. Check the pressure switch.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
Can be the machine control or the motor control here is a link to the Repair manual....
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
SOURCE: whirlpool duet f28 code
Turn off the power. Remove the detergent tray. Reach in the slot where the detergent tray fits and look for a lever. Pull it and replace the detergent tray. Turn power on. Good luck.
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
F28 is a serial bus error from the CCU (Central Control Unit) to the MCU (Motor Control Unit).
All you need is some Electronics contact cleaner spray and a 1/4 inch socket to remove the top of the machine and the back of the machine.
The CCU is the computer looking box at the top front right hand corner.
Find connector M13, (has red marking on it and only 3 wires) disconnect it by pushing the retainer tab back and pulling gently on the connector.
Spray the contacts of the connector and computer with connector cleaner.
Then re-assemble connector.
The MCU is in the back lower left corner.
Find the connector with 3 wires and red mark, and remove this connector in the same way you did the other, spray it and re-install.
Put the back and top back on.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question&&&&
Posted on Sep 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2015 | Washing Machines
Sep 21, 2014 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Aug 11, 2012 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jun 22, 2010 | Whirlpool GHW9400 Front Load Washer
Jun 15, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 13, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 19, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 11, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Aug 18, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!