Question about Computers & Internet
Please follow the steps to fix your sound issue.
Check whether your speaker is connected to the green port at the back of the computer.
1. Click Start >> Run >> type devmgmt.ms and click okay.
2 You will get the device manager screen.
3. Click the (+) sign next to the Sound, Video and Game Controller.
4. Right - click on the listed AC'97 or Realtek and select uninstall.
5. Then Right - click on the top computer icon and choose "scan for hardware changes" or reboot the PC.
6. Sound should work now.
If the above steps does not work try this
1. Click Start , Run , and enter services.msc into the Open field.
2. Scroll down the list of services and find Windows Audio.
3. Right-click Windows Audio and select Properties
4. Select Automatic from the Startup type dropdown list, and click Start to start the audio service.
5. Click OK and test for sound.
This is the final step you need to try the system restore
Thanks & Regards
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 09, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 21, 2010 | HP Pavilion a1250n (EG194AA) PC Desktop
Aug 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 02, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!