Question about Lexmark X73 All-In-One InkJet Printer
When try to copy something. The scanner works but the printer always jams or doesn't feed the paper through. I push the paper feed button and the paper comes through, but not while it is printing. Why?
My lexmark x73 makes a clicking sound while printing and paper does not feed correctly
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
The clicking is a broken roller drive gear. It is visible with the cart. door open and look at the left side of the paper feed roller. You can see the gears turning but the roller gear is broken so it clicks as the next gear hits the gap in the broken gear. This is also causing the paper feed problem due to the broken gear is turning but is no longer turning the paper feed roller. If anyone knows where to find this gear or ***'y please let me know. Mine is broken too.
Posted on Jul 22, 2011
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2014 | Brother Industries, Ltd DCP-7020 Laser...
Nov 16, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 19, 2011 | Epson Stylus CX8400 Series
Aug 10, 2010 | HP OfficeJet r40 InkJet Printer
Sep 20, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Aug 14, 2009 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Jan 29, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX3800 Printer
Jan 21, 2009 | Brother MFC-8840D All-In-One Laser Printer
Oct 20, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
937 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!