Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

An HP home PC boght in Peru 220 volts here its 110

Yes my son broght a computer from Peru and it is 220 volts. There is no switch on the back by the electircal connection to switch to 115. I bought converters from Radio shack but the moniter said going to sleep like it was not enough power. How can I get this thing to work without spending to much or ruining the computer? Thanks John Lee Francis

Posted by on

  • johnnylee250 Jul 13, 2008

    Thanks for your support. Much appriciation!!!!!



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,314 Answers

All you need to do is replace the power supply, where the plug plugs into the back of the computer. Power supplies start at around $25.

Thanks and please take a moment to rate as fixya. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 13, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer


be careful . USA voltage is 110 volt - see on the power input and lable - does it state 220 Volt or 110 . Usually you will find a selector switch on the power input side .to set the local voltage - otherwise you need a stepdown transformer

Jun 30, 2017 | Aiwa Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How to fix couple of DELL desktops where I plugged them into 220 volts Power supply when they were set for 110 volts? More details below.

you could try replacing the power supply. if it still does not work, you probably fried the processor or motherboard. (or both). just make sure the replacement power supply has the same type of connectors on the power leads to the motherboard, hard drive, etc.

Aug 15, 2015 | Dell OptiPlex Computers & Internet

2 Answers

I plugged my 110v KG25H3XWH mixer into a 220v outlet via a voltage transformer and turned it on. It immediately sparked, popped, emitting a burnt smell and tripped the circuit breaker. Is it possible for...

First here is the link to a good suuplier with OEM parts for 110 and 220 volt

you can change any KA mixer from 110 to 220 and 220 to 110, you need the armature stato phase control board and speed swith for eith conversion, the 220 madel number or 220 model has a letter in front of the ka which is the indicator for 220 volt go to for a exploded parts list and part numbers look any where for a KA 220 volt model and you can find the same thing

Oct 04, 2013 | KitchenAid Food Mixers

1 Answer

I accidentally plugged computer avr 220v to 110 could it affect my power supply

If the computer power supply is a 240 volt unit and you plugged into 110 volt mains the the computer should be OK.
Some power supplies have a voltage selection switch on the back of the power supply switch to 110 volts and it should work.
If the power supply is 110 volts and you plug it into a 240 volts mains then you will damage the power supply and possibly the computer as well.

Mar 14, 2012 | HP Pavilion a465w-b PC Desktop

2 Answers

I want to know if this tv in countries where they have 220 volts energy power need a transformer from 110 to 220? or if it is incorporated automatic or if there is a switch to change

Hello, thanks for the oppertunity to help.

Yes, rest assured you will need a down conversion from 220 to 110 with just about anything. you can purchase these 220 to 110 V converters from just about any eletronics shop.

Throwing a switch on the back of anything at @@V does not grentee it will WORK. specailly if it was made for 110V.

Save some money on repairs purchase this converter for $13 bucks you be glad you did.

Purchase it HERE
Thanks for using i hope you find this Very helpful


Jan 27, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I havea hpdesk top with flatscreen monitor andscanner, copier andprinter and wanttoknow howcani change thepowerfrom100 to 220 here in the phillipines

look behind the system there is a red part here you can switch from 110 to 220 volts. also check if your printer,flat screen,scanner can also take 220 volts if they cannot then you have to buy a step down to convert your 220 to 100 for you system to use.

Aug 05, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Gateway computer 220volts

If that is a desktop PC, you should look for a switch right next to the ac cord connector must the times it is red, you can use a screwdriver to set it to 115 V.( it moves laterally)
Otherwise you can change the power supply, if that is the case, tell me and i would help you to know what to look for.

if it is a laptop simply buy another adapter( 120V to whatever the input voltage of the laptop is).

i hope this help you.

Jul 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet

2 Answers

HP laptops power supply

Well, as a rule for electronics:
The United States and Canada use 110-volt electricity.
Most countries outside North America use 220-volt electricity.
Unless your appliance is dual voltage, you need to use a "converter" or a "transformer" to change the 220-volt electricity into 110-volt electricity in order to use a 110-volt appliance.
If your appliance is dual voltage, you can switch it to work on 220-volts, without a transformer or converter.


Desktop units have a selector switch for 110 / 220 volts., which is done away with in the case of laptop one's which sense the input voltage and regulate accordingly.

I think your main concern is just that you have an adapter for the plug to go into the wall outlet.

Hope that helps :)


Apr 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet

3 Answers

Change gas/110volt fridge element to gas 240volt


You need transformer converter 110 to 240VAC.

Regards ,


Jan 26, 2008 | Refrigerators

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

72 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18424 Answers

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14162 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides