Question about Computers & Internet
1) Start the computer and press f8 on boot up and select 'Safe Mode without networking'.
2) In the start menu type 'cmd' (without quotes) and on the top search result right click the program and choose 'run as administrator'
3) Type "net stop winmgmt" without quotes and press enter to make certain the WindowsManagementInstrumentation (WMI) service is not running.
4) In the start menu click 'computer' on the right hand side. Go to the windows\system32\WBEM\ folder and rename the Repository folder to something else like OLDRepository (right click and choose 'Rename Folder'.
5) Reboot and restart as normal.
6) In the start menu type 'cmd' (without quotes) and at the top right click the program and choose 'run as administrator'
7) Type 'net stop winmgmt' (without quotes) and press enter to stop the wmi service.
8) Type 'winmgmt /resetRepository' (without quotes) and restart the system.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2014 | 1991 Saturn SL1
Aug 23, 2013 | Bowflex Treadclimber
May 18, 2013 | Precor C966i Treadmill C 966i
Sep 01, 2011 | Precor C956 Treadmill with Cardio Theater...
May 07, 2011 | Gemini Sound Products Gemini Cdmp-6000...
Mar 02, 2011 | Precor C956 Treadmill with Cardio Theater...
Dec 31, 2010 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
May 10, 2010 | 2003 GMC Sierra
Dec 12, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A75 Digital Camera
Jan 21, 2009 | 2006 Kia Rio
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!