Question about PC Desktops
1) Start the computer and press f8 on boot up and select 'Safe Mode without networking'.
2) In the start menu type 'cmd' (without quotes) and on the top search result right click the program and choose 'run as administrator'
3) Type "net stop winmgmt" without quotes and press enter to make certain the WindowsManagementInstrumentation (WMI) service is not running.
4) In the start menu click 'computer' on the right hand side. Go to the windows\system32\WBEM\ folder and rename the Repository folder to something else like OLDRepository (right click and choose 'Rename Folder'.
5) Reboot and restart as normal.
6) In the start menu type 'cmd' (without quotes) and at the top right click the program and choose 'run as administrator'
7) Type 'net stop winmgmt' (without quotes) and press enter to stop the wmi service.
8) Type 'winmgmt /resetRepository' (without quotes) and restart the system.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2015 | PC Desktops
on Apr 22, 2010 | PC Desktops
Jan 06, 2014 | HP PC Desktops
Sep 14, 2013 | Dell Dimension E510 PC Desktop
Dec 28, 2011 | Acer Aspire AX3400U2022
Nov 17, 2010 | PC Desktops
Nov 10, 2010 | PC Desktops
Jul 23, 2009 | Casio Parts Cash Register PC Desktop
Dec 05, 2008 | PC Desktops
Apr 01, 2008 | PC Desktops
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!