Question about RCA RCR311B Remote Control
Manual Code Search and Entry
1. Manually turn on the TV
2. Press and hold the TV button The illuminated ON•OFF key turns on and remains on.
3. While holding the component key down, press and hold the ON•OFF key. The illuminated ON•OFF key turns off.
4. After holding down both keys for three seconds, the illuminated ON•OFF key turns back on.
5. Release both keys. The illuminated ON•OFF key remains on. TIP: Throughout the programming of each key, be sure to keep the remote pointed at the IR sensor of the component you are currently programming the remote to control.
6. Press and release the ON•OFF key repeatedly until your component turns off. Each time you press the ON•OFF key, the illuminated ON•OFF key blinks, and the next
code in the list is sent. This process continues until all of the codes in the Code Lists have been searched. If your component turns off, you have found the correct code.
TIP: Because there are so many codes, you may have to press the ON•OFF key many times-possibly up to 200 times.
7. Once you have found the correct code, you must save the new code by pressing and releasing the STOP key. The illuminated ON•OFF key turns off. You must press the STOP key to save the code or the correct code will not be stored!
8. To confirm that the component key is programmed with the correct code for maximum functionality, test the component. Attempt to control a variety of the component's functions with the remote. If some of the features of your components do not work, try programming the remote with a different code in the list until you find the code that allows the remote to control the majority of your component's functions. Different codes can provide different levels of functionality
Posted on Jul 17, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2014 | Universal Remote Control GE174Universal...
 Turn on a desired device (e.g.,VCR or
DVD player) and, if applicable, insert
media (e.g., cassette or disc).
NOTE: Please read steps 2 through 4 completely
before proceeding.Highlight or write down the
codes and device you wish to program before
starting step 2.
 On the remote control,press a device key
once (i.e., TV,PVR,DVD, CBL/SAT,AUD,or VCR).
NOTE: To program control of a cable box or
satellite receiver, press CBL/SAT once.
NOTE: To program control of a CD player or
audio receiver, press AUD once.
NOTE: To program control of a TV/VCR Combo,
press VCR once.After programming, you will be
able to control channel selection, volume, and
NOTE: To program control of a TV/DVD Player
Combo, press DVD once.After programming,
you will be able to control channel selection,
volume, and DVD functions.
 Press and hold SET until the LED (red light)
blinks twice, then release SET.
 Use the Manufacturer's Codes to locate the type of device and
brand name and then enter the first fourdigit
code for your device. If performed
correctly, the LED will blink twice.
NOTE: If the LED did not blink twice, repeat steps
2 through 4 and enter the same code again.
 Aim the remote control at the device and
press POWER once.The device should turn
off. If it does not, repeat steps 2 through 5,
trying each code for your brand until you
find one that works.
NOTE: If the device does not have a POWER
key, press the (Play) key.
 Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each device you want to control.
Jul 03, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jan 13, 2011 | Brookstone 538744 Remote Control
Sep 22, 2010 | DISH Network IR Remote Control
Aug 27, 2010 | DISH Network IR Remote Control
May 18, 2010 | DISH Network IR Remote Control
Aug 19, 2009 | Sony RMEZ4 Remote Control
Jan 22, 2009 | Toshiba CT-90157 Remote Control
Nov 25, 2008 | Sanyo 6450160929 Remote Control
Feb 26, 2008 | Hughes HRMC11 Remote Control
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: