Question about Velbon Tripods & Monopods

1 Answer

Is Velbon/Hakuba still in business? For tripod repair?

Hi -

I tried contacting Hakuba USA to get info about getting my tripod repaired, sent email and never heard back. Dug around their website and it looks old... are they still in business? Any suggestions for getting my tripod paired.



Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

Found out through research that a company called ToCad bought them out so contacted them and did hear back. They're currently helping me with figuring out what to do next.

Here's their address and web address:
ToCad America
53 Green Pond Road, Suite 5
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Posted on Jul 14, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I am being told that my E-mail address and my password do not match, but they do. How do I handle this

I assume this is for a Google account. When you enter your email address there should be a "Forgot Password" option, however you may want to try "Google Account Recovery" This is the link below.

Having trouble signing in

Jan 13, 2015 | ChargerCity Exclusive MonsterTab Tripod...

1 Answer

Tripod repair

If it was purchased less than 1 year ago and you have documentation then send it back to Promaster for repair or replacement under the 1 year warranty. If it is out of warranty then there is a bit more of a problem. It is often not worth repairing or trying to get parts for fix certain tripods, Promaster among them. If you would like to send the tripod to:

Spartan Photo Center
197 East Saint John Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306

We will give you a 50% trade in on another similar Promaster tripod. Send this note with your contact information and the tripod and we will contact you with what a similar replacement will be and the total cost including return shipping.

Mar 25, 2010 | Tripods & Monopods

1 Answer

How to remove pan head from velbon 530, it feels very tight

I have the Hakuba HG-503MX which came with basically the same pan head you have already attached to the center column. First remove the center column from the tripod, with the pan head attached. Tighten the knob that prevents the pan head unit from rotating 360 degrees on the center column and gripping the head with one a hand and the center column near the plastic plate firmly twisting the head counter clockwise. The pan head will unscrew from the plastic plate which sits on top of the center column, given enough force. My pan head was also very tightly screwed onto the shaft, since it came already attached to the tripod. Hope this is helpful.

Aug 10, 2009 | Velbon EL Carmagne 530 Tripod

1 Answer

I have a Gitzo G1548 MK2 tripod. One of the sections of a leg got damaged, where can I purchase this section?

Hi there, and welcome to FixYa.

You can get parts information for your tripod at the Gitzo website.

Click this for an exploded view of the G1548

Bogan Imaging is the distributor for this brand in the USA.
Their website for parts is

If your not from the US, then you can go here
to find the closest distributor to you.

Thanks for coming to FixYa.


Mar 12, 2009 | Gitzo Mountaineer Mk2 G1548 Tripod

2 Answers

Parts for a velbon tripod

hi there, i think you can obtain the parts directly from Hakuba USA. they're the USA distributers for Velbon and will actually repair it... if you can't by simply replacing a part. also a phone # 1-800-423-1623 and a seperate # 800-886-2236 to order quick release plates.

Jan 04, 2009 | Velbon VideoMate Deluxe Heavy-Duty...

2 Answers


Quantaray tripods are manufactured by Ritz camera. The factory and service location is in India. Here is the number to contact the service department. I am not sure if they offer parts or if you would need to send to them.
Quantaray Repair Shop 800-955-2878spacer.gif

Jun 21, 2008 | Tripods & Monopods

1 Answer

Looking for quick release plate for vct-1170rm tripod

try contacting
They specialize in quick release plates, and I just ordered one for my Sony tripod.

Mar 10, 2008 | Sony VCT-1170RM Tripod

1 Answer

Where can I buy a part for a Verbon CX 570?

Hi Evan, I was looking for a part for my Verbon tripod and I came across this posting. I hope you have found the part by now. But if not perhaps you could try this spot. I found what I was looking for in just 2 days. - the website email This is where I wrote to this company. The company is: ToCAD America Inc.

Dec 15, 2006 | Velbon CX-570 Tripod

Not finding what you are looking for?
Tripods & Monopods Logo

Related Topics:

467 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Velbon Tripods & Monopods Experts


Level 3 Expert

96717 Answers


Level 3 Expert

3287 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

13576 Answers

Are you a Velbon Tripod and Monopod Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides