- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello :-) I think that your battery is causing the problem. You might have charged you ipaq to many times with a cheap battery and the battery might be completely dead. Or the battery might just be defective.
Try this: 4. Make clean reset (hold callendar + itask,
then press and hold reset), after about two seconds you will hear
knack. Now unhold these buttons. The screen will be black.
5. After that make hard reset (hold callendar
+ messaging + power and then press and hold reset) after about two
seconds unhold reset button first and after about one seconds remaining
buttons. You will see on screen PS FORMAT.
6. Now is you iPAQ ready.
Performing a Full Reset
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a ?hard reset.? Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs, and data from RAM.
A full reset deactivates the battery. The power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
CAUTION: If you perform a full reset, your iPAQ Pocket PC returns to its default settings and loses all information that is not recorded
To perform a full reset:
1. Press and hold Application Buttons 1 (Calendar) and 4 (iTask) on the front of the unit and, at the same time, use the stylus to press the Reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
2. Hold all buttons until the displayed
Full PDF document can be found here:
Based on your post/description, your iPaq 2210 will not power on. It is possible that your battery is deactivated. To reactivate, plug it to the AC power supply/adaptor, press reset at the back of the unit. Assuming no other problem, the unit will initialize back to default factory settings. It's very likely that all your previous/personal settings, files and applications will be also gone.
Good luck and pls post back how things turn up. Kind regards.
I had the same problem. Contacted HP customer service chat, and got the following answer that
solved the problem:
1. Remove the battery for 30 minutes. 2. Insert it again in the iPAQ. 3. Perform a clean reset on the iPAQ and at the same time charge the iPAQ.
To perform a clean reset please follow these steps:
Press and hold the Calendar button, the Power button, and the Messaging button.
While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ.
The problem can also be solved by getting a new battery, and performing the clean reset while charging (using the portable charger, not the cradle).