Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Step 1: Download Windows Vista UxTheme patch.
How to install
1. Login as a user with Administrative privileges -or- have Administrative credentials already.
2. Navigate to %systemroot%\System32
3. Right-click uxtheme.dll and click properties.
4. Take ownership of the file and close dialogs.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for themeui.dll and shsvcs.dll
6. Right-click uxtheme.dll and click properties.
7. Give yourself (or group) Full Control permissions and close dialogs.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for themeui.dll and shsvcs.dll.
9. Rename uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.old.
10. Rename themeui.dll to themeui.old.
11. Rename shsvcs.dll to shsvcs.old.
12. Copy patched files into %systemroot%\System32
13. Reboot the computer.
Step 1b: If you find the above too intimidating, download VistaGlazz and just run it, it automates the whole patching process so you don’t have to worry about it.
Step 2: Download a Windows Vista Theme and copy the theme to Windows/Resources/Themes folder.
Step 3: Right click on desktop and click on Personalize. From the page that pops up, click on Theme and choose your newly installed theme!
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2010 | Sony Ericsson W395i GSM Quadband Phone ...
Sep 22, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Sep 17, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Sep 29, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jul 13, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: