Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Step 1: Download Windows Vista UxTheme patch.
How to install
1. Login as a user with Administrative privileges -or- have Administrative credentials already.
2. Navigate to %systemroot%\System32
3. Right-click uxtheme.dll and click properties.
4. Take ownership of the file and close dialogs.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for themeui.dll and shsvcs.dll
6. Right-click uxtheme.dll and click properties.
7. Give yourself (or group) Full Control permissions and close dialogs.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for themeui.dll and shsvcs.dll.
9. Rename uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.old.
10. Rename themeui.dll to themeui.old.
11. Rename shsvcs.dll to shsvcs.old.
12. Copy patched files into %systemroot%\System32
13. Reboot the computer.
Step 1b: If you find the above too intimidating, download VistaGlazz and just run it, it automates the whole patching process so you don’t have to worry about it.
Step 2: Download a Windows Vista Theme and copy the theme to Windows/Resources/Themes folder.
Step 3: Right click on desktop and click on Personalize. From the page that pops up, click on Theme and choose your newly installed theme!
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Sep 17, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jan 12, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Sep 29, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jul 13, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: