Question about Gateway Computers & Internet
Are you saying your wireless controller on your laptop/desktop cannot be detected?
I would check in Device Manager to see if the card is displayed.
1. Right Click on "MY COMPUTER" and select "PROPERTIES"
2. Go to the "HARDWARE" tab and select "DEVICE MANAGER"
3. Scroll down to "NETWORK ADAPTERS" and expand the component
4. Do you see your wireless network adapter? If so, does it have a "RED X" on it? You might need to enable it by right-clicking on it and selecting "ENABLE". If it has no "RED X" you might need to reinstall it using the original network drivers that came with your computer.
5. If you don't see your wireless network adapter do you see a "YELLOW QUESTION MARK"? If so, expand that to see if you see an unknown device that shows it's a network adapter. If so, you need to reinstall it using the original network drivers that came with your computer.
6. If you reinstalled your network drivers and still it's not working it's possible that the wireless adapter itself is better or you have some system related problem.
This is a preliminary set of troubleshooting steps. I would need to know the results of the above procedures and some additional information. Please let me know if I can assist any further.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2013 | Radio Communications
Aug 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 12, 2010 | Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network...
Jun 13, 2010 | HP Pavilion TX1000Z 12.1" Touch Screen...
Sep 15, 2009 | Acer (D10709-002) (D10709002) 802.11g/b...
Jul 27, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7050) (F5D7050VSNPDQ) Wireless...
Apr 30, 2009 | Acer Aspire 6920 Notebook PC
Feb 01, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 05, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5000 Notebook
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!