My HTC touch phone diplays clock & other shortcut items on the front page of the phone. I dont want all these things.. which is hiding background picture of mine... Pls tell how to remove those things...
Just follow this - press "Start" - choose "settings" - enter "today" in the first tab named "private" - choose the second tab named "Elements" or something like that - toggle "HTC Home" - press "OK" in the right top corner of the screen - no more clock on your screen
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
After unlocking your HTC One, look right above the HTC logo on the bottom center of the phone face. Right above it is a square of nine white squares. Touch that square. Now, you'll see a list of ALL applications installed. That list can be sorted in multiple ways. To sort alphabetically, touch and hold anywhere on that screen of icons and pull down a bit. A menu will appear on the screen allowing you to select to sort alphabetically.. Once that's done, look for the Messages icon.
Touch and hold the icon. At the top of the screen a new menu will appear. While still holding the icon, drag it up to the word :Shortcut". The menu will disappear and your desktop will be available to drop the icon onto. If there is room, it'll now be on your desktop (once you let go). If there isn't room, while still holding, drag it to the left or right side to change desktop pages. Locate a page that has room, and let go. The icon will then be on that page. If you have no room, then you'll have to create a new page. If you do need more pages, repost for that instruction.
1. To bring out the Shortcuts on your Screen/Desktop-> Settings/Personal/Home Screen/Home Screen Theme and select Shortcut bar, you can then select which shortcut to display if goto "Shortcuts". This will also bring out the "Track" playing being displayed when you open the Music Player.
2. Tap the Clock to bring out the Clock menu and make your alarm, alarm repeat is now built-in.
3. Tap the "General" or Date (the set Profile besides the clock) and the Profile selection menu pops out, almost similar to pressing the "Power" button in all S60, but here the Remove memory is not shown, but "Calendar" shortcut is included and the other profiles as well.
4. If you are on the Numeric Keypad, pressing the [#] key alternately will toggle the General and Silent Profiles, same as before, which means long press on zero  will bring out bookmarks for the Web.
5. Tapping on the displayed To do or Calendar entry will bring you immediately to that particular item.
6. Tapping the Active Icon on the Top Left (near the battery indicator) will give you shortcuts for any of the active icons.
7. Long press on the Green Call Button will still activate the Voice Command Prompt
8. Long press on the center button is similar to the Long press on the "Menu" key (the yin-yang key on most S60) which will bring out the menu for all the active applications.
9. Go to Applications/File Manager and setup "Backup" for automated backup schedule of your phone data.
10. How to update your Nokia 5800 firmware using your phone. Presss *#0000# to display phone factory information and firmware Now press options and select check for updates The newest update is sent to your phone from nokia Download and install updates. This is done using GPRS or WIFI Connectivity.
General Tips ========= 1. Use Dialer and press # for about 2
seconds will switch the profile between Silent and General; press and
hold 0 will open the web browser; press and hold 1 will open the voice
2. There is a shortcut key for Music, Gallery, Share,
Video, Web shortcut at the top right corner just below the front camera
Press and hold the Green caller button when standby mode will activate
the voice command. You could call the name from the contact or
4. Organize your sms by grouping them like
outlook by Messaging -> Option -> Setting -> Text message ->
Other -> Show messages in groups -> Yes
light will blink if there is unread sms/missed call. It could be turned
off at Settings -> Notification light -> Off
6. If the
touch input is not accurate, you could calibrate your screen at Touch
Input-> Touch Screen Calibration -> ( Tap around the 4 dots at the
7. Turning control functions: a. Rotate your screen
horizontal or vertical b. Silence your phone for incoming call by
rotate your phone with screen facing down. c. Snooze the alarm by
rotating phone screen facing down
8. Theme effect will give 3D
and transition effect if on but will slow down your tube considerably.
Settings -> Personal -> Themes -> General -> Themes effects
9. Shortcut to exit application : Press and hold the
middle white button then press and hold the program that you wish to
quit, an open/exit option will pop out (useful for those haven’t install
handy taskman yet)
10. When using handwriting input, slide from
left to right is Spacebar, right to left is Backspace
Organize your menu by Menu -> option -> organize. You could drag
and drop the location of the application you wish to relocate.
to change your language setting back to english
Turn on your HTC Touch. Touch "Start" on your Home screen. Then "Settings."> System > Regional Settings. Select the proper region for english language then. Touch "OK" when prompted and "Exit."
Confirm that your selection has taken effect by checking the language of any menu item from the Start screen. Your selections should be in english.hope this helps pls do let me know.thanks.
go to your main menu, go to settings. go to displays. scroll down to "short cut bin" snd make sure it is turned on. a faded arrow will now appear on the right side of your display screen. drag the icon you want to get rid of to the arrow which will turn into a trash can.
The onlu thing I can think of is manually going to the settings, go to system, scrool down to remove programs, and click on the file name of the download and removing it that woay. THat should work and if it doesnt, take it to ur comapny wtore. They will most likely give u another one for free because they are lazy.