Thanks for your help, but my T610 will not print from tray 1. It will however print from tray 2. When printing from tray 1, sounds like it is going to print except at the moment it should pick up the paper from the tray a very light double clunk sounds. Then "error 241 paper jam, check tray 1" : then will get further error message (by holding return and select) "line 1: en 8e 10 06 11 1 line 2: en 00 00 12 03 2" . any ideas?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: OPTRA T610 NOT PRINTING FROM TRAY1
What happens is that the rubber roller that's supposed to pick paper up and load it in doesn't pull the paper from the tray anymore, hence it gives the paper jam error message. If you want you can replace that rubber roller to fix the problem, however first thing I do is to take that rubber roller out (remove tray and look underneath to find the roller) and turn it inside out then fit it back. This will give the rubber roller the grip that it missed and solve your problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Switch off & on once the printer, load papers in both trays, go to system choose file ask to print, when dialog box appears go to properties, select tray2., the shoot print, check its printing or not. If its printing problem in tray1 paper sensor,clean it.Reason why its not taking from tray 2. In menu settings its selected default tray as tray1. if no paper present in tr1 printer ask to press OK choose another tray to print, during this period indicating error.Best to do: clean all paper path sensor tray1 and tray 2 to prevent further errors... Pl revert..best of luck..
Your paper size settings for Tray 1 is probably wrong. Make sure it is set to Letter and the type is Plain Paper. If your Paper size is Universal, then either the paper guide in the tray is set wrong or the paper size sensor is broken. If the sensor is broken, you can disable auto paper size sensing so the printer will allow you to specify a paper size. To disable paper size sensing, you need to go into Config Mode. The other way is to send a PJL command to the printer to disable the function.
Go to Paper Menu > Paper Size > Tray 1 - note what the Auto setting states (Letter, A4, Legal, etc.) Pull the tray out to set what it is configured for. Then reinsert it & pull it out a few times, noting what the display show the Auto size show. It should match the tray's settings.
If the Display indicates otherwise, it means one of two things:
1) The "auto size sensing" board on the left may be defective. The left side of the tray has a matrix of 3 plastic tabs that stick out in certain order depending on the tray setting. If this board fails, it may show Executive or A4 when the tray is set for letter.
2) The tray may be in-between two settings. Try to readjust the tray length setting between sizes. (You will notice the plastic tabs will change order.) The last time you loaded paper it may have pushed it just enough so that it is no longer seen as letter by the auto sensing board.