- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I assume that you are talking about connecting to wi-fi. If so, this is a problem with your router, not your Wii. A couple of problems could be...
1. If you selected the wrong Internet connection by accident (such as your neighbors) then the connection might not reach, giving you an error.
2. Make sure that you router is on and functional. If you do not have a router...well that would also give you an error.
3. If it is still not working, shut you router and modem for five minutes. This will reset your internet. After the five minutes, try connecting to your wi-fi with your Wii again.
To access the internet with your wii console you'll need either a wireless router/gateway, or a wii wired LAN connector.
1. Power on your Wii console 2. Access the "Wii Setting" menu by selecting the circular wii icon in the bottom left of the screen and then choosing wii settings. 3. Use the arrow on the right of the screen to move to page two, then select "internet". 4. Select "Connection 1 ' None" 5. Choose "Wireless Connection" (assuming you have a wireless router), then select "Search for Access Point". 6. Wait for your wii to scan, then select your wireless network, and if prompted enter your wireless network password/key. Then click "OK".
You should now be able to connect to the internet. If your Wii runs a connection test and it proves unsuccessful it will display an error code. If you get Error Code 51330 or 52130 this means the password you entered does not match the password on the wireless network you are attempting to join. A list of all other error codes and what they mean can be found here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineErrorCodes.jsp
How to connect your Wii to the
Let's get you connected!
Power on your Wii console and press the A Button on the Wii
Remote to reach the Wii main menu. Use the Wii Remote to select the
Now, select "Wii Settings" to access the "Wii System
Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, scroll to
page two and select "Internet."
Select "Connection 1: None"
(Don't see "None" in Connection 1? Click the Connection 1
button, then choose "Clear Settings.")
Click on "Wireless Connection" and then "Search for an
(Are you using a wired Internet
connection to your Wii console?
Select "OK" and the Wii will display all the wireless
networks it finds.
Select the wireless network that is yours.
Asked to enter a security key?
If you are prompted to "Enter the
Password or Key," then the wireless network you are trying to connect to
has wireless security turned on. You will need to type in your security
key or password and select "OK."
Select "OK," "Save Settings," and then "Yes."
The Wii console will run a connection test with your wireless
network when the test is completed. You should see the following screen:
As long as you see "The connection test was successful," the
"Wii Support Code" does not matter and can be ignored
The connection test was successful
- Then you're almost done! After your connection test, the Wii console
will check if there is a new Wii System Update available. Once you
select "Yes" and "I Accept," the Wii will begin to download any
The connection test was not
successful - If the test was not successful, you will
receive an error code.
Error Code 51330 or 52130: This means the
security code you entered into the Wii is not the same one your router
is set to. Look in your router's settings and try again. Please refer to
step seven (7) above for more information.
All other error codes:Visit the nintendo website for more information on this where we have detailed
information on many common error codes. (You can ignore any "Wii Support
Code" you receive on a connection test.). Hope this was helpful? Please comment for more information and thank you for using FixYa.
Your error code indicates that your Wii can't connect via wireless to your router. I would check to make sure your router is functioning properly and to restart it if required. I would then check to make sure that the configuration on your Wii matches that of your router. I would also check to see if any other devices can connect to your router, if so, then the wireless card on your Wii may have died and is something you will likely need serviced by Nintendo.
The error code 51330 means that the WiFi cannot get through to your Wii because of the security system you currently have installed on your router. WEP encrypted WiFi routers cannot connect with your Wii properly. To save you some time, I've found the exact link where Nintendo troubleshooting gives you detailed instructions in fixing this problem and getting your Wii to connect to your WiFi.
Go to wii options, located in the lower left corner.* Then go to Wii Settings. On the second page, somewhere it should say Internet. If Parental Controls, enter you PIN and continue. Then look for a wireless connection.