Question about Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Can't figure how to get the black box the ink sits in to move over to the open area so I can open it - remove the old and insert the new. don't have my manuel. thought it said something about pressing the Stop/clear setting button:I did that and the black box moved straight across the printer and then returned far to the right, again not within the open area so I could open it.
Follow the steps below to replace one or more ink cartridges that are low on ink, expended, or too old:
1. Turn on the printer.
If you're replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD display screen, press Setup, select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.
2. Open the scanner.
3. Open the cartridge cover.
4. Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
5. Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it four or five times. (Do not shake a cartridge after opening the package; ink may leak.)
6. Remove the cartridge from the package, but be careful not to touch the green chip on the cartridge.
7. Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the cartridge.
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
8. Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
9. Once you replace all the necessary cartridges, close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
10. Close the scanner.
11. Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
Pls rate solution if it helps. Thanks!
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
If you want it to go to the clear area instead of hiding in the corner, just hit the OK button. At least that worked for me.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Nov 03, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 22, 2010 | HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Laser...
Aug 18, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 18, 2010 | HP 1040 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
Feb 01, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 01, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 11, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 06, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 21, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!