Question about Kenmore 20172 Top Load Washer
Error code LD on washer. What does this mean?
Your water pump may be Blocked
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
LD is an error code for 'Long Drain'. The water pump may be clogged, there may be a clog under the washplate where the water exits the tub or a clog at the check valve. The best place to start is the water pump.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
SOURCE: What does ld mean on my washer?
op is probably ob, off balance, the ld is long discharge, most likely the pump is bad or full of junk, the origional pumps were updated to a better design so as not to get stopped up.
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
SOURCE: Kenmore Calypso washer Ld code?
I recently had the same problem. I actually took the two hoses off of the pump and found a penny in their. It was actually difficult, I couldn't figure out an easy way to get the water out first and had quite a mess. But now the washer works again.
Posted on Feb 22, 2009
LD means long drain and will require a pump replacement. The new pump is totally different from the old one so unless you are very crafty and good at figuring out puzzles, you may need to have a service company come out. I don't know what the other code means but most of the time the pump is the major problem with these units.
Posted on Apr 06, 2009
LD means a long drain
it is taking longer than 8 minutes to drain out the tub
please check the following
First unplug the machine to prevent electrical shock·
Check wiring harness to ensure they are all connected and are not fried
·If needed remove the side panel and Check the hoses going to pump for clogs and all drain hoses and drainage system
· Check circuit board that controls the pump to see if any wires are burnt or have failed
once the faulty part or the clog has been cleared simply plug in the machine and press the cancel button and resume your normal washing operation
Hope this has been very helpful for you
Best regards Michael
Posted on Dec 30, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for the feedback....the water pump had a sock.....Thanks...."
SOURCE: Whirlpool Calypso error code
Thanks for using FixYa. Error Ld means long drain and it flashes when the water level will not change even after the drain pump is on. To resolve this issue you’ll need to check the drain hose and the drain pump for any blockages. Also check if the pump is running fine and replace the part that has gone bad. Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on Jul 31, 2010
SOURCE: Error code of LD
"F21" (AKA SD) is a Long (SLOW) Drain error (LD). If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes this error code will be displayed. In addition, a "SUDS" error may also be displayed. This may be an indication of a drain pump problem and/or clog in the drain line. You will need to check the following:
1.First, attempt to unplug the washer for at LEAST 30 minutes to reset the Central Control Unit (CCU). Sometimes this is all that is required to correct momentary glitches with the unit. If the error code returns, proceed to step 2.
2.Check the drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or clogged.
3.Check the electrical connections to the pump and ensure the pump is running.
4.Remove the drain pump filter and check for foreign objects and/or debris.
To check the drain pump...
If you experience a problem where the washer does not drain properly or the drain pump makes excessive noise, here's the information you need to check the drain pump:
Symptom: PUMP IS RUNNING, BUT NOT DRAINING PROPERLY.
1. Unplug the washer while servicing inside the unit.
2. Remove the lower kick panel under the door by removing the three 7mm screws under the bottom edge of the panel. HINT: Use a couple of blocks of wood to prop up the front feet of the washer to gain better access to the screws. Once the screws are removed the panel should drop down, and then pull off. If the panel becomes stuck, a slight tap on either side will dislodge it.
3. Locate the drain pump. It will be located directly under the wash tub (it is the only pump this washer has).
4. There is an access removal cover on the pump that can be removed to clean out the trap. BEFORE doing this, it is strongly recommended that you remove all residual water from the wash tub & drain line or you will have about a gallon or so inside your washer and on the floor to clean up.
5. Here's a helpful way of quickly removing the residual water. If you own a wet/dry shop vac, remove the drain hose from the standpipe at the wall and pull a vacuum with the shop vac. This will empty the wash tub, pump and drain lines. If you don't own a shop vac, grab a bunch of old towels and open the access on the pump slowly so that it comes out at a trickle. Allow the towels to soak up the majority of the water. Close the access and stop the water if you need to get additional towels.
6. Open the pump access and remove once you have all the water drained. Check the drain pump for foreign objects and debris. Check the pump impeller and make sure there's nothing caught in it. Items as small as toothpicks or cotton swabs have been known to stop this pump from working.
7. Clean out the pump thoroughly and reinstall the access cover. Make sure the cover is snug, but do not over tighten.
8. Place the drain hose back in the standpipe (IMPORTANT - DO NOT FORGET!).
9. With the bottom panel still off, plug the washer back in and select the following on the operator console - DRAIN SPIN, NO SPIN, and then press any button under OPTIONS 4 times (it must be the same button). "C00" will show on the console display as the washer begins diagnostics mode.
10. Check the drain pump for leaks as the washer fills. The pump is gravity filled and will hold water even it is not pumping. Allow washer to run through diagnostics until it begins the wash tub tumble cycle.
11. At this point, you can stop the diagnostics procedure by pressing PAUSE/CANCEL 2 times. The drain pump energizes and the washer will begin to drain.
12. If the drain pump works normal and there are no leaks detected, reinstall the bottom panel and tighten screws.
NOTE: It is normal to have residual water left inside the wash tub under the wash basket. This is why it is important to leave the door ajar when not in use so this water does not become sour.
If the above procedures do not correct the problem, it is recommended by the manufacturer to replace the drain pump.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question
Posted on Sep 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Washing Machines
Jul 31, 2010 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Sep 15, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jun 30, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jan 18, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Sep 07, 2008 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: