I am using Windows VISTA, how can I install the said printer in my computer. It only support XP. I cannot use the scanner as well.
will not run scanner have up dated soft ware and drivers. T hp digital imiaging monitor icon is not visible on the windows system tray
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unless the manufacture offers the vista driver for your printer you are out of luck, if you already have not done so, go to www.hp.com look under support for your make and model and you will quickly find out what operational systems are supported.
HP Deskjet F300 has F340 and F380 series printer which uses the same software.
Click on the link below and select the operating system to download the software. Choose 32-Bit Operating system drivers from the list ( ex. Windows XP 32 bit ) Run the file once you have downloaded to start the installation. Download Drivers
To know more about installation procedure, For Vista Installation Instructions - Click here For XP Installation Instructions - Click here
* Please rate this solution with Thumbs up and Testimony to help us improve providing support
If you are running Win XP or Vista, you may wanna try the steps below:
1. Start > Control Panel 2. Printers and Faxes (for Win XP) - Printers (for Vista) 3. Click the "Add a printer" of the upper left hand corner of your screen. 4. Select Local Printer. 5. Connect your printer to the USB port and turn it ON. 6. Try to detect a Plug-n-Play (PnP) printer 7. If the printer is not detected as a PnP printer, run through the unstallation wizard and select the HP F300 series or F380 > Next 8. Run through the wizard until you finish the installation.
The steps above are the steps for installing the printer driver using the generic printer drivers that are already installed in every Windows computer .
If the generic driver will not work, you may download the driver through this link:
Here's the HP support page for F300 series printers: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=deskjet+f300&submit.x=2&submit.y=7 But F325 is the lowest number listed for the driver (that's what you need from the CD to install your printer on the new computer). I hope this helps, and good luck.