Hello and Welcome to FixYa!
Sir this problem is due when by chance the Fax Mode is selected as default. To get to the print mode you need to change the mode to print. Try the following:
Click Start >> Print and Faxes (if you are using Win Xp) or Devices and Printers (if you are using Win 7) >> There will be the list of HP Office jet 4215 Fax and HP Office jet 4215 Printer. >> Right click on HP Office jet 4215 Printer ans Select as "Set as Default"
Now try to print again. If printer is still struck on the Fax Mode then possibility is that your printer is locked, In this case you need to Reset the printer: Follow the given steps to do this:-
- Unplug the power supply from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet, power strip, or surge protector.
- If the product uses a power module with a detachable power cord, disconnect the cord from the power module.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the power module.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
Now turn the printer On and now try to print again. I hope if first solution do not work then this will solve the problem. But if still it struck to Fax Mode then its may be a technical or hardware issue, You need to contact HP Support Center to solve your problem.I hope this solution helps you and you have clear picture in your mindLet me know if you have any confusion in your mind.Sir, Your Rating as Five Stars for this solution and Words of appreciation as Feedback for me will be really esteemed
Thank You for taking my service
Concerned: Muhammad Uzair Team : FixYa