Question about Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing Dishwasher
I had a hotpoint engineer try to fix this type of problem.
He insisted that there was something stuck in the bottom of the pump.
Sure enough there was.
1. Unplug your dishwaser at the wall.
2. Remove the grill under the bottom rack.
3. Ensure that the filter is free from food and other obstacles and clean the filter.
4. Before replacing filter etc, get a piece of metal coat hanger wire and care fully insert it down the channel under the filter to free any lodged items. You may also see a small white impleller try to turn this with your finger or the coat hanger wire (this is the info from the engineer!).
5. replace filter and retry a wash.
This routine fixed or machine twice and will hopefully fix yours!
Please don't forget to rate me!
Posted on Jul 16, 2008
Coathanger worked for me also!!! Hurray!
Small piece of glass, less than 1cm square lodged in bottom of waste trap.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Thanks wowser. Worked perfectly! You're a star!
Posted on Aug 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2012 | Hotpoint Dishwashers
Apr 23, 2011 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Mar 05, 2011 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Jul 13, 2009 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Mar 28, 2009 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Jan 01, 2009 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Nov 20, 2008 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Apr 26, 2007 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
666 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!